F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My F4i Value (damnit) plus question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My F4i Value (damnit) plus question

Ok I am going through a divorce and must sell my bike. (Tear)

It's a 2005 CBR 600F4i. with 12k miles it is silver.. I am the only owner and have babied it. I just put new tires on ect.. The Bike runs great and has no issues.. It was lowsided once but it was a purely cosmetic thing.. Pictures attached. I have to sell the bike no choice here... What is she worth in REAL WORLD $. And should I replace the scratched cowl/ strator cover to make the bike perfect? Dealer wants $500 for all the parts..

Please any ideas are welcome.. But what is the real world value of my bike???

[IMG]local://upfiles/1137/697941B4EAE44EC986277EEC748B5228.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1137/B535A7E052EB4916A198002C87C127FC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1137/6671922583364FD68732DACAEEBEE1D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Default RE: My F4i Value (damnit) plus question

ii saayyy you report it stolen store it in a garage till your devorice is over then magicly some one finds it.. but thats me i wouldnt get married in the first place.. wait nvm yea i would because im poor anyway LOL

Old 03-05-2007, 12:50 PM

dude, dont sell your bike because of her! i dont know what the implications are... does she want half the money on the bike? i would say take a look at the law... do you wanna sell it because you need the money? or because she wants half of the bikes worth... if she wants half, f her, its your bike bro... unless she paid for it i guess.

if you need the money, then sell it... and when you have money you can get a better, faster and badder bike. in any case, i am sorry to hear about the divorce, always a hard thing, i do not recomend you do anything that is not legal and can potentially get you in more trouble. you have enough crap to deal with already.

as for REAL WORLD value, i dont know, kbb has a pretty good value on it.... i would say sell it to someone on the forum, dont worry about spending $500 on the cosmetics, someone who knows what bike he is getting wont care, i know i would not care... i mean, unless it destroyed, but the cosmitic problems pictured seem to be perfectly acceptable, to me anyways.

KBB retail value for your bike is $6470, but thats assuming you do not have the cosmetic damage and that your milage is about 7400. factor those two things into it. for the cosmetic, i would not decrease the value by the full $500, but maybe $250, so someone is cool with saving 250 but having scratches... win win situation. the milage, your gonna have to bend on that too.

REAL WORLD you just have to be competitive, if you wanna sell but not in a hurry, you have to research craigs and ebay and see what other f4i's are going for and you need to set the price competitively. if you need to sell right away, your gonna get hurt, you have to lower the price, so your deal stands out and goes first.

good luck, honestly i hope you decide or find a way to keep the bike, first owner takes a big loss unless you ride the bike to its death. i am the first and only owner on a 2006 f4i and i have come to conclude that financially the best decision is to get as much out of this bike as it can give so that i can get my moneys worth. might be something for you to consider.

in any case, let us know what you choose to do.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you end up selling it to a noob or sceptic then the stator cover might be the only issue... fixing that might improve your claim of a fully functional bike.
Frankly I didnt care when I got mine, as long as all the damage was listed up front and was not functional damage.
Good luck

Old 03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Since she owns half the bike, she has to take half of the depreciation, so the loss isn't as bad as you think. I just have general divorce advice and that is to try your best to avoid lawyers. At $300 or more an hour will leave nothing for you or your wife or your kids if any. You are better of being a little too generous now just to avoid those c**ksuckers. Stay on her good side if possible. Use a 'paralegal' and move on. You know the old joke.....Why do divorces cost so much?.......Because they are worth it!!!!

good luck and sorry it is happening to you too.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:50 PM

sell it to a buddy for $100, then when your divorce is final, buy it back!

Old 03-05-2007, 02:52 PM

Thanks.. I already had to enlist a lawyer due to child support issues.. But regardless the bike or my car must go.. And they are both for sale... whichever sells first is gone..

Old 03-05-2007, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: thunder31634

sell it to a buddy for $100, then when your divorce is final, buy it back!

hes got a good point, sell it to somone cheap and then buy it back after the divorce.

as for the stator cover, you could always sand it down alittle bit and then spray it with heat resistant paint
i did and everyone thinks i bought a black stator cover unless i tell them what happened.

nice bike btw

Old 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Well life really isn't that simple. If she can prove that I sold the bike for under the "appriased" value i would have to pay her the difference between the selling price and the actual value. Approx $6k according to NADA.

Plus I owe on the bike... So selling to to a bud is out...

Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM

i hate to let go of a bike... give her the living room set for the bike =]

Quick Reply: My F4i Value (damnit) plus question