F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

MY F4i FINALLY RUNS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY F4i FINALLY RUNS!!!

HELL YEAH!
After about two years of having problems with this bike it finally runs perfectly. The damn thing would take a couple minutes of cranking to start and would barely keep running. Power was crap and throttle response sucked. I had a few ideas but it wasn't throwing up a code so I couldn't figure out what the problem was. The last couple weeks I decided to tear it down and check EVERYTHING. I started with a compression/leak down test (both were fine) and took apart the fuel system. My F4i is a Cali bike so there are a lot of hoses so I decided to figure out what every single one of them was for. In the process I found one vacuum line that was supposed to be plugged but was not so I plugged that. I'm pretty sure the injectors were dumping fuel into the engine because of the lack of vacuum (the plugs kept fouling with fuel). The ECU is supposed to throw up a code when the sensor recognizes a vacuum problem but I read somewhere on the internet that the ECU doesn't show the FI diagnostic codes unless the kicstand is down. Problem is my kickstand switch is crossed so I can run the bike on the track without a kickstand so the bike wasn't showing any codes.

anyway, point is my bike finally runs like new!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MY F4i FINALLY RUNS!!!

whatever mang...you're just going to crash her again...muahahahha....

WOOODY...sup mang? you goint to street her now as planned or what?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM

Good to hear!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:51 AM

I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I wanted to throw a lot of money into it but I put off going to Wyotech a couple months so I can save enough $$$ to pay cash for it instead of getting a student loan so I don't have a spare penny at this point. I've still got a headlight and if I can get some work done on the tail section, I've got the brake light/turn signals for the rear so it wouldn't be too difficult to put it back on the street. I'm planning to use it for a couple trackdays in March while I'm still here but after that I don't have a clue. I've considered selling the SV race bike since I won't be racing for at least a year and just keeping the F4i as an occasional trackday bike but I'll probably want to race the SV when I get done in Florida so it would be pointless to sell this one and have to buy the same thing a year later.

I've got to have the F4i and SV painted in January (white plates hehe) so it should finally look somewhat decent. Over winter, I'm at least goingto make it look a little bit better, just working on some of the details. I've got to figure out the geometry, I had it set up great but it was way to tall for using a kickstand. I want to get GMD's geometry numbers and go from there.