F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my dilema (spelling?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dilema (spelling?)

i bought my bike back in august froma dealer, when i was looking at the bike the tires looked in ok shape (i didnt really know any better) the salesman told me they were in great shape and i wouldnt have to worry about em for a long time. now i bought the bike with 10,100 miles in it, the bike now has 12,057miles on it andthere is now a 5 inch strip on the rear tire where the belt is pushing thru after only 1900miles the tires are shot?
i talked to the parts guy and explained to him what my problem was, all he could tell me was "400$ for front and rear tires installed balanced and everything" . now my question is after the dealer told me the tires were great and now i have to replace should the dealer be held accountable for the tires? or should i have to pay for the tires and install?.

i think personally the dealer should be responsible, they told me the tires were in great shape now i have to replace them 1900 miles later? come on that seems kinda silly.

any input would be great thanks guys

Old 03-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: my dilema (spelling?)

depends on how you were riding, how did the tires look when you bought it?

Old 03-24-2007, 03:28 PM

it all depends how you ride and where you ride. some tire can last 4-5k miles some will last 1k.

as for the deal being accountable; i think you must be joking. first you cant prove crap, second the dealer will tell you anything to make sure that the bike leaves his lot and if your tires have lasted 2k miles from the dealer lot then i state that "its a win for you". third and most important, you bought the bike 7 month ago, he is not liable for crap. if this happened in your first 2 weeks then may be he will helped you out based on the dealer's policy. now and for at least half a year you are on your own and dont look at the dealer for any problem solving. at this point they can only assist you but they are NOT liable to do anything for you.

a good set of tires will run you about 300+, go to a local tire shop.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:23 PM

i had problems withthe dealer from the first day i bought the bike, i was supposed to take delivery the next day, the next came i called they said the bike couldnt be delivered because it had to be inspected and they would call me wehn it was ready, i didnt get a call for 4 days following. so i called them and they said they found a bent fork and were replacing it, but no one called to tell me this, so 3 more days went by and they told me i could bike up the bike when they orignally said they would deliver it, i told them they had 2 days to get me the bike, i didnt gett he bike to my house til almost a week later. i think they owe me one.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:24 PM

u wont be able to get the dealer to take care of anything unless there was some kind of warranty that he gave u for the tires if there isnt then there is no way u can prove that they were supposed to last longer and plus the dealer has no idea how u ride or where u ride and that seriously effects tire life, so i think u pretty much have no choice but to buy tires

Old 03-24-2007, 05:28 PM

i wasnt whinning about it, i was just asking if there was anything i could do thats all.

i appreciate the input guys