F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My CBR 600 F4I

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob question

i like the bike. looks nice. i am planning on getting mine all black as well. i like that look on a bike.

i have a noob question though. what are you guys talking about with the miller can and corona and energy drink?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by chetman7
Nice bike

Sorry if this is a newb question but wat is a fpr??

How do you like the EVO shift kit?? did u get thhe whole kit or basic? I was looking into it
The FPR is the Fuel Pressure Regulator. That is one part that always seems to go bad on the F4I's. I changed mine because i was getting a real strong smell of gas.

I bought the kit from here: http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...6&cat=0&page=1 The Kit includes Factory's Shift Star, microbearing detent shift arm, heavy-duty shift spring. Did not know there was 2 kits out there.

Originally Posted by chumchum
i like the bike. looks nice. i am planning on getting mine all black as well. i like that look on a bike.

i have a noob question though. what are you guys talking about with the miller can and corona and energy drink?
The miller can just covers up the suspension damper. It's really just for looks, i choose the miller can to try and be a little different.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.
Ride Safe & Be Safe.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by cheever1804
I bought the kit from here: http://www.solomotoparts.com/product...6&cat=0&page=1 The Kit includes Factory's Shift Star, microbearing detent shift arm, heavy-duty shift spring. Did not know there was 2 kits out there.

The miller can just covers up the suspension damper. It's really just for looks, i choose the miller can to try and be a little different.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.
Ride Safe & Be Safe.
sorry to keep the questions going. but i am clueless when it comes to the mechanics of bikes. somthing i plan to remedy soon. i am thinking of taking a course on motorcycle mechanics. i would like to know about the vehicle i am riding. but for the shift kit, how do you like it? is it worth making the switch?

and for the beer can question. do you use an actual beer can? and how do you install that?

thanks. and sorry to keep the questions goin

Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 PM

as far as the can goes, its just a cut up can of your choice that you slip on to the suspension damper for looks. there is actually a thread somewhere on here. it started with red bull and now you can find a guys with almost every can out there