CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My breaks are making noise (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-breaks-making-noise-45080/)

SpiritBreaker 07-19-2007 07:01 PM

My breaks are making noise

It seems that when i use my rear brake, the rotors, or pads make noise like squeek.

When the bike is rolling or moving, the front automatically makes braking squeeking noise.
Even when i dont use them, like when the bike is rolling forward.
And even when i do apply my front brakes, they squeek as well..

And the front and rear rotors look dirty.

I'll try to get pictures. ANdy hElp would be awesome.
Bike was never down by the way..

birdstrike 07-20-2007 09:04 AM

RE: My breaks are making noise

Probably have some glaze on the brakes. If you are a hard braker then this is common espescially on the rear brake because it is smaller and doesn't shed heat as well. It will wear off just don't ride your brakes too hard, and it will take time. I have glaze on mine after a trip to the track usually however many people even in every day riding can overheat the brakes. Some brake cleaner might help DO NOT USE A SQUEAK STOPPER. They ruin your brakes.

lild14 07-20-2007 02:58 PM

its normal....

fishfryer527 07-20-2007 03:01 PM

Mine have a little squeak too. Try the brake cleaner but also see if you have a little sand between the rotor and pad.

SpiritBreaker 07-20-2007 05:30 PM

I'm goign to try and use brake cleaner, and spray the rotors and pads, and wipe the rotors. I'll also try sanding paper on the rotors??

fishfryer527 07-20-2007 05:43 PM

I'll also try sanding paper on the rotors??
That I haven't heard of, I've seen scotchbrite on an air powered grinder used whil the wheel was spinning, but not sand paper. You may want to post this or search on this in the general tech section.

SpiritBreaker 08-08-2007 03:16 AM

After riding for an additional 300 miles or so, the front brake/rotors still make metal scratching noise. I don't brake hard at all. its all @ at ease.

Im guess the front rotor and pads, or not properly assembled. or have been mis aligned causing them to rub when they roll.

Because i just met another cbr f4i rider 2005, and he rides with out noise, and had the bannana seat style, but that shoulnd't make a difference.

Thats my only problem that is frustrating me.

orags 08-08-2007 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritBreaker

It seems that when i use my rear brake, the rotors, or pads make noise like squeek.

ORIGINAL: SpiritBreaker

After riding for an additional 300 miles or so, the front brake/rotors still make metal scratching noise.

You've reported two things here, it seems to methat your brakepads have been progressively wearing out. Suggest you check / replace the padsif worn outbefore you damage the discs.

RojerLockless 08-08-2007 01:24 PM

The F4i come with uber brakpads that iv' been told will never wear out, but the downside is they squeak sometimes... just ignore it you are fine

SpiritBreaker 08-11-2007 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

The F4i come with uber brakpads that iv' been told will never wear out, but the downside is they squeak sometimes... just ignore it you are fine
You sure? I understand if they squeak while i'm braking,
but they squeak and sound like two metals rubbing while i'm rolling and NOT braking.