CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My Blank Canvas: 01 F4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-blank-canvas-01-f4i-132856/)

donnygeewebb 12-10-2011 01:22 PM

My Blank Canvas: 01 F4i

13 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I just recently brought in my new (to me) 01 F4i and you can find some of those pics and info in my recent post titled: New CBR That needs alot of TLC! HELP!. I just wanted to post some new photos of my bike after i removed all of the fairings and most of the front end.

Attachment 42781

Attachment 42782

Attachment 42783

Attachment 42784

Attachment 42785

This is the bent up mirror bracket. Apparently, The bike low sided and cought the tires and then high sided, sending the bike in a tumble.
Attachment 42786

Attachment 42787

Attachment 42788

This is the stator cover that was cracked in the crash.
Attachment 42789

Attachment 42790

Any body selling a slip on?!?
Attachment 42791

Attachment 42792

Attachment 42793

:icon_special:

Turbulenz 12-10-2011 01:54 PM

I love seeing bikes brought back to life! I have seen a few f4is for sale that were stunterized or a piss poor attempt at a street fighter.. Been tempted but the wife would kill me if I brought home another bike, let alone a stray..

Best of luck with it!

donnygeewebb 12-10-2011 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Turbulenz (Post 1118137)
I love seeing bikes brought back to life! I have seen a few f4is for sale that were stunterized or a piss poor attempt at a street fighter.. Been tempted but the wife would kill me if I brought home another bike, let alone a stray..

Best of luck with it!

Yeah man me too :D It makes me feel like im doing something good. I ABSOLUTELY HATE seeing people attempt to make street fighters. Its just basically saying, I didn't care enough about this bike and I could care less what could happen to it.

Well, This baby here turned out to be even more of a stray than I thought it would be, but hopefully in the next few months she'll undergo a complete transformation. Ill keep yall updated on the progress! I actually bought a new battery today and got some keys from the locksmith yesterday. I cant wait to start putting stuff on that you can actually see! :)

This is my goal :)
Attachment 42771

Aken 12-11-2011 12:24 AM

Ouch, she's in rough shape. Will be fun to see the progress, though. :)

That front tire is in HORRIBLE shape. No wonder the bike crashed. The front wheel looks bent, also (last photo, up top near the radiator).

Make sure to check the forks - that's going to be the biggest thing that might be tweaked and need replacing. Otherwise if the motor is in good shape, the rest is pretty easy to replace.

T-Rich 12-11-2011 01:00 AM

4 Attachment(s)
cant wait to see the progress. i rebuilt mine from a crash too not as bad as yours tho.

Before and After

donnygeewebb 12-11-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 1118223)
Ouch, she's in rough shape. Will be fun to see the progress, though. :)

That front tire is in HORRIBLE shape. No wonder the bike crashed. The front wheel looks bent, also (last photo, up top near the radiator).

Make sure to check the forks - that's going to be the biggest thing that might be tweaked and need replacing. Otherwise if the motor is in good shape, the rest is pretty easy to replace.

Im excited to see it look good again too! Yeah I know, its amazing how the driver let the tire get so bad. and yeah theres a dent in each rim actually, which, im thinking ill be able to bend out at my shop because I realllyyyy dont want to have to get new ones unless i get a jam up deal.

We also made sure the frame, forks, sub frame, engine, and tranny were all in good shape before I bought it. If any of that had been messed up it would have stayed in its grave, sadly

donnygeewebb 12-11-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rich (Post 1118229)
cant wait to see the progress. i rebuilt mine from a crash too not as bad as yours tho.

Before and After

WOW man that looks good! I love those fairings. How much did it cost you to get the tank painted??

T-Rich 12-11-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by donnygeewebb (Post 1118254)
WOW man that looks good! I love those fairings. How much did it cost you to get the tank painted??

it would have only been $100 but i wanted to logo airbrushed instead of stickers and he painted to the heel protectors candy red. So it brought the price up to $150.

Krux 12-11-2011 03:27 PM

That passenger seat looks to be in good shape. That's a hard part to find now days haha.

donnygeewebb 12-11-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Krux (Post 1118313)
That passenger seat looks to be in good shape. That's a hard part to find now days haha.

Yeah man there isnt a scratch, but im still baffled at the DA who spray painted the seat. Is there a way to get it off? Also, ive never owned a Honda before so im still trying to figure out the seat, is the easiest way to get it off just by unscrewing the bolts?? I sound like an idiot asking this question but im curious.