F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my bike sux!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my bike sux!!

I'd have to agree with most peoples' comments about the rear tire alignment. May also be the chain tension. This past weekend I over-tensioned my chain a little too much and I could hear somewhat of a grind when I let off the throttle (coming down from 7k rpms). When I had the chance to put it up on a stand I could hear a definite click as I spun the wheel. So I loosened the chain a bit, re-aligned the axle, applied some chain wax and she's as good as new.

So a proper tire alignment and chain tension may resolve your issues.

As far as the dealer/shop goes, more often than not they're pretty reasonable. After all, they're in the "service" business. I have had some pretty $hitty luck with shops as well so I normally talk to the owner(s) and everything works out fine. Just be as professional as possible and you'll get the same in return - at least you better!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:46 PM

pay attention to how you are weighting your pegs. most likely your unconscious body position/peg weighting is causing this.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:14 AM

Go To Moons Super Cycle on Browndeer road between 107th and 91st street just on the north side of milwuakee where i live. Talk to greg its a great shop with outstanding service.