F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my bike sux!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bike sux!!

My new 06 F4i sucks! I swear it pulls to the right I feel like I'm always leaning it left and it seems like I'm always drifting to the right. =( Maybe I just suck but I think its the bike because when I let go of the bars it will start going right then I balance it and can keep it straight. Who knows my life sucks! grrrrrrrrrr

Mike

ps I want to go track racing!!!!!!! ZOMG IT LOOKS SO FUN!

Old 08-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Default RE: my bike sux!!

is this your first bike? and first times riding it??? body imputs have a major roll in the way the bike reacts..if your gettin lazy and leaning to much on one side then yes, your bike will start to drift that way, you need to be sitting up straight relaxed arms and legs squeeing the gas tank for balance and stability...if its not ur first bike/first time riding, then take the bike back and have the dealer check it out. qalso make sure theres nothing in your tires nails rocks, etc...

Old 08-03-2006, 03:51 PM

I also have an 06 and it rides like a dream. When I let go of the handlebars the bike goes as straight as an arrow. It may be your bike needs to be looked at by the dealer. This doesn't sound normal. mike life is only as bad as you make it. Look on the bright side at least you have a bike an 06 at that. Cheer up bro.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the rear tire aligned? If you'ved one your own chain slack double check... measure swing arm pivot to axel nut on both sides... it is possible the alignment marks are incorrect.

Is the bike straight?

Are you doing what many of us do and are twisted slightly in the saddle?

Old 08-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Dear frustrated,!!!!!!!!! Sounds like rear wheel misalignment, sometimes common, early in relationships. I've check mine w/ one of those cheap digital calipers, down to the .000. Good cheap investment. finding what are consistant reference points, it's a snap!!!!!!

Also if the front end(dealer assem.), wan't pumped up and down, before final torque'n,and in proper sequence of torque'n... sometimes, things...axel, lower tripple clamp, aren't seated properly, and true. Some times, w/ a slight twist, of center. If in warrenty... make 'em check it.

My first thought was road crown... as this causes tire wear to look wierd (usualy left side) and may show up when on secondary roads. Tourbikes realy wear this pattern, 'cause of the extra bike wieght. This is a easy fix problem. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-03-2006, 04:29 PM

has it been crashed?\\\ How many miles?

Is the road level?

If its an 06 then wat about the warranty?

Old 08-03-2006, 04:29 PM

your rear axle is most likely just miss aligned. don't trust the hash marks on the chain slack adjuster. when you adjust your chain again use your eye and take a line of sight down the chain from the rear spocket to the front sprocket. you'll be able to tell if everything is straight

Old 08-03-2006, 04:30 PM

This is my first bike and I try to ride straight up on it. The dealer did the chain slack at the first maint 400 or 600 whatever milage I was supposed to take it in. I've got about 1500+ on it and I thought they were supposed to look it over during that to make sure everything is ok. I also asked them to look into this metal sheering noise between 6k and 6300 rpms. They didn't. My bike and my dealer sucks! lol

Mike

Old 08-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Hey man, go talk to the service mngr, (again). If you don't have confidence in him... ask to talk the franchise owner, if this dosen't provide forword answers, ask him(owner) for the "HONDA consumer, have a reapeated **** fit, phone #". That shearing noise in the engine... sounds well worth pusuit of remedy, as well, the tracking problem. Don't hesitate to mention, you belong to the biggest cbr forum going, w/ well over 250+ posts aday, and they are all waiting to here about his (owners) oppertunity to resolve satifactory, your concerns, before his dealership in posted, in all it's infamy. Bad PR, will hurt his biz( $$$$$) and he knows it. Be cordial, but firm. Ask him, to see the "recall" list. Don't hesitate to call HONDA, (if nesc.) He dosen't want them up his exuast too !!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 PM

I would look into a different shop. If there is not one within a reasonable distance go in and demand they fix your issues. There's no reason for you to have a new bike and be unhappy.