CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My 1st drop (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-1st-drop-103565/)

YiNYaNg 11-27-2009 07:13 PM

My 1st drop

I was messing around in my large grass back yard and gave too much throttle in a turn and the rear slipped and laid it down...LoL.. So the whatever type frame slider the previous owner installed is a "POS". I was shocked that the frame slider bent 45° and it was only in grass wtf? What if it would of been the road omg the damage to my bike and the mirror also broke off but I ghetto fixed it. :icon_wink: The stator got grass and dirt markings but if it would of been the road SOL. What's a good frame slider that'll survive a real mild speed drop on roads?

2H company 11-27-2009 08:38 PM

First, you do not want to ride a street bike on a grass or gravel. Our tires are depended on the friction way too much.

As far as frame sliders go. They all bend like that, more or less. They absorb the first shock from impact. Vortex sliders might sustain without bending since the construction is a bit different.

Yeah, stator always suffers first, I already replaced mine :)

Well, be careful out there!

YiNYaNg 11-27-2009 09:12 PM

Yeah I know our tires are crap if not on a road I was just messing around in the back yard lol. Thanks for the info. good to know those type are suppose to bend. I guess I'll be buying a set of Vortex frame sliders.

Da11en47 11-27-2009 11:57 PM

Yeah grass is no good. I had a bad day yesterday, almost fell twice.

Turned too sharp and my foot got caught under and dragged, luckily it didn't break.

Then I didn't see this big patch of gravel and the front end when crazy.

Went home real slow that night.

Berto 11-28-2009 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by YiNYaNg (Post 860709)
I was messing around in my large grass back yard and gave too much throttle in a turn and the rear slipped and laid it down...LoL.. So the whatever type frame slider the previous owner installed is a "POS". I was shocked that the frame slider bent 45° and it was only in grass wtf? What if it would of been the road omg the damage to my bike and the mirror also broke off but I ghetto fixed it. :icon_wink: The stator got grass and dirt markings but if it would of been the road SOL. What's a good frame slider that'll survive a real mild speed drop on roads?

Ummm...WTF are you doing on grass? <g>

Since you're involved in airplanes, this will make sense. If an airplane has to land gear up, it's better to do it on a runway than on grass, because on a runway, the hard parts won't dig in. They'll slide and dissipate energy with less damage.

Ditto frame sliders. On pavement, they will do what the name suggests: slide. The energy will be dissipated by the grinding down of the puck. When I went down on the track, I needed a new left puck, but the slider stalk didn't bend.

SteveZabz 11-28-2009 10:27 AM

Everyone seems to be butt hurt that you road on grass... SO WHAT!!! he was messin around... ive done it... i ride my front lawn to get to the road for S***s and Giggles... the one things ive learned from riding is not to care about having a pretty bike... if you can ride youll get respect...i hate punks who have crazy lookin bikes but take twistes at 15mph...

All that matters is you had fun and can laugh about it lol

Welcome to the club of the fallen lol

Zero1080 11-28-2009 12:59 PM

^eh, I don't think everyone is 'butt hurt' just thinks it's a little odd. (For the record, been there done that) But yeah, grass is better than asphalt.

Berto 11-29-2009 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 860887)
^eh, I don't think everyone is 'butt hurt' just thinks it's a little odd. (For the record, been there done that) But yeah, grass is better than asphalt.

Yeah. I'm not butt hurt. Wasn't me that dropped it..<g>

Not to say that I haven't been butt hurt, mind you...

Zero1080 11-29-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 861031)
Not to say that I haven't been butt hurt, mind you...

LOL. Awesome.

Sick97SS 11-30-2009 12:57 PM

My brother has a DRZ 400 supermoto with 50/50 dirt/street tires and he has that thing sees more dirt than pavement for sure.

One time I chased him up a grass hill on my f4i, because whenever we ride he decides to go flying up every offroad mound and hill and he didn't think i'd follow him. street bikes and grass can be fun if you're smart enough not to hit the front brake. It's a good way to practive your drifting skills hahah. :eek:

these days streetbikes can even go trail riding through the woods!
http://bikerpunks.com/search8.html?search=Funny

I hope the link works, im at work and can't see the link but it's a great video