CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   MY 04 f4i smokin joe addition (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-04-f4i-smokin-joe-addition-114640/)

time2ride 08-01-2010 05:58 PM

MY 04 f4i smokin joe addition

1 Attachment(s)
thought i'd post up some pics. bought this o4 f4i in dec with plans on a repaint. had been painted black with stick on flames :( . always liked the smokin joe addition so figured i'd see what i could do on an o4 bike. started in the winter and decided to do a few other things. added new tires, screen, adjustable levers ect. converted rear to split seat obviously :) just need to throw on the did 520 and sprockets and i'm done for now. hope you all like it .

MitchA 08-01-2010 09:37 PM

Looks saaaaweet!

LoneWolf04 08-01-2010 09:39 PM

thats a sweet ass bike! So did you have the frame, swingarm and subframe all painted or powdercoated? I see theyre black now. Really great job on it though. I always did like the smokin joe edition f3's too.

mtemple07 08-01-2010 09:41 PM

looks good man loove the smokin joe!!

adrenalnjunky 08-02-2010 01:42 PM

time2ride: Where'd you get the decals from? My F2 was painted up as a SJR, with a custom sticker set, prolly before the factory F3 SJR's were available.

It had been laid down so I had to pull all the stickers off for plastic repair and repaint. I ordered a set of sticklers, but the place is taking forever to get em to me.

Was just curious where you sourced yours.

115Degrees 08-02-2010 01:49 PM

That's a good lookin' bike. I was thinking about doing something different with mine too.

time2ride 08-02-2010 02:31 PM

thanks everyone. i own a small shop and build cars & bikes as well as paint work. tried to do something different. glad people enjoy .
the frame is just painted for now. going to do a rr swing arm in the fall so figured i wouldn't bother getting an 03 pc one or having this one done.
going to have to look up where i ordered the decals from. they are two kits and supposed to be real race replica not from the production sj bike. i'll get back to you after work on that.

adrenalnjunky 08-02-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by time2ride (Post 953121)
thanks everyone. i own a small shop and build cars & bikes as well as paint work. tried to do something different. glad people enjoy .
the frame is just painted for now. going to do a rr swing arm in the fall so figured i wouldn't bother getting an 03 pc one or having this one done.
going to have to look up where i ordered the decals from. they are two kits and supposed to be real race replica not from the production sj bike. i'll get back to you after work on that.

Thanks! I ordered from a place in Canada called Evo Graphics I think. I was just curious what the quality of the kit was.