F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My '01 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My '01 F4i

Bought the bike May 31, rode it 2 days, and then tore it down to begin my rebuild. I totally forgot to take pictures of it as it looked when I bought it, so just imagine it solid red with scratches, repainted areas to cover up bad spots, ripped seats, ugly spike fairing/windscreen bolts, bent transmission lever, ugly/ripped grips, worn out tires, and no brakes. Think that about covers it, LOL.

So I put it on the stands, stripped it of everything I was replacing and/or repairing and/or cleaning. Cleaned everything real good while I was waiting for parts to arrive. I also did an oil and filter change and flushed the coolant system and filled with fresh coolant while awaiting my parts. As the parts arrived one by one I installed them and after about 3 weeks the following is what I built.

I know a lot of people won't like some things, others will, and still others won't like any of it. That's all fine, it's mine and I re-did it to please myself, no one else.

Pretty much everything came from ebay. A lot of them from bigger companies that use ebay as another form of selling, so it's not just a bunch of cheap knock-offs. So anyway, if anyone sees something they like chances are it came from ebay, if you can't find it I can let you know exactly who the seller was and how much I paid.

The following is the parts I replaced: Repsol Replica fairing kit from auctmarts, fairing bolt kit, RK Quick acceleration Gold chain/sprocket kit (15/46, chromoly front, aluminum rear sprockets, 520 XSO chain), Michelin Pilot Power tires (factory front, 190/50 rear), racing fuel cap, front & rear seat covers, matching rear brake lever/transmission lever/valve caps, Sixity Bronze Sintered brake pads front & rear, frame sliders, bar ends, gel grips, and shorty mirrors.

I also added a switch so I could turn on the fan manually when in heavy traffic. Installed some red LED strips on the rear foot peg brackets for tail light/brake light since the lights in the undertail are so small and dim. Hopefully everyone should be able to see them very well.

Last edited by ucyifly; 08-01-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:38 AM

Looks good man! My only 2 cents would be chop exhaust, but as long as you like it that's all that matters! Good looking bike!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 AM
gvn

I love it, the whole thing came together really well.

I've been thinking about getting the exact same fairing from auctmarts too, How easy/hard were they to fit, did you have to do any modifications yourself?

And could you possibly link me to the fairing bolt kit you purchased too?

All in all, as the slideshow went on, I wasn't expecting that, its bloody gorgeous man, well done. You're also the first person I've seen with the same can as me.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:48 AM

Where did you get the matching valve stem caps? Also, do you have a picture of them?

Last edited by F34Me?; 07-16-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:45 AM

looks good. You're the only person i've seen with the same undertail as me and idk what kind it is because i bought it that way. Do you have any idea?

And did you strip the wheels yourself? or are they chromed? I couldn't get the center spokes to strip when i tried stripping mine

Old 07-16-2011, 12:03 PM

Looks like a Moto Fairings Inc undertail, but I don't think they made that style for the split seat bikes?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1106015...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

Last edited by F34Me?; 07-16-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Looks like a Moto Fairings Inc undertail, but I don't think they made that style for the split seat bikes?

HONDA CBR 600 F4 F4I 99 00 04-06 UNDERTAIL WHITE UN13A on eBay!
well they must have for a little while because i have that undertail for a split seat hahaha

Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM

I am not disputing that it exists, just wondering where it came from and if more can be had. I would be interested in one, but will probably end up getting the pimpbike undertail.

I still want the matching valve caps though! That would be awesome!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice looking ride!

I too have those carbon fiber levers and mirrors. I also added carbon fiber bar ends and a carbon fiber license plate cover.

Overall, everything looks good on you ride.

Stay safe!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by jacob.lindsey1111
Looks good man! My only 2 cents would be chop exhaust, but as long as you like it that's all that matters! Good looking bike!
Not a fan of the chopped exhaust myself. Guess i'm just old school, LOL.

Originally Posted by gvn
I've been thinking about getting the exact same fairing from auctmarts too, How easy/hard were they to fit, did you have to do any modifications yourself?

And could you possibly link me to the fairing bolt kit you purchased too?

Everything lined up really well, no modifications needed whatsoever as others have stated about the auctmarts kits. They have obviously changed their template or something. The stickers and paint work is very good too. Although they could have painted a little thicker around the edges as I scratched 3 or 4 edges, and I was being very careful too. They don't come with heat shields though, at least my set didn't, of course the ebay ad nor their website either one say anything about including them. I went ahead and installed mine anyway without them. I have had no problems thus far, and it has been extremely hot here.

The fairing bolt kit, click here. It's $39.99 from ghmotor-llc10. I guess that's a little pricey, but it was worth it to me. Even comes with a diagram and the bolts are in individual bags that are labeled/numbered to help you with installation in case you need to know.

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Where did you get the matching valve stem caps? Also, do you have a picture of them?

They actually threw them in the box when I ordered the rear brake lever and transmission lever. I got the levers from LuckyBike-accessories. I couldn't find the valve caps in his store, but perhaps you could look through there. I don't have any pictures of mine to post. Just look at the picture of my brake/trans. lever, the caps look exactly like the section your foot goes on. The tips come to a point, not a sharp point like the spike bolts, just kind of a rounded point, they're not squared off.

Originally Posted by tyfrist
looks good. You're the only person i've seen with the same undertail as me and idk what kind it is because i bought it that way. Do you have any idea?

And did you strip the wheels yourself? or are they chromed? I couldn't get the center spokes to strip when i tried stripping mine

I have no idea where the undertail came from, it was on the bike when I got it and I don't believe there is any company name on it anywhere. Sorry.

The wheels are chromed, were like that when I got it. The front wheel is in perfect shape, but the rear wheel is pitted pretty bad. A friend of mine said it looks like a dog has been urinating on it, said that because a friend of his had that happen on his 4-wheeler wheels. It's not all that noticeable though unless you bend down to look closer so i'm not going to worry about it too much right now.

For everyone who complimented on it, thank you very much. I put a lot of time and effort into it. I also probably put more money into this project than I should have too, but hey, I love it.