F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

mother nature is taking over!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mother nature is taking over!

once again, the most outrageous problems come my way. I noticed a large number of ants crawling around my bike. didn't think much of it since im backed up to woods. i opened my "trunk" and there were thousands of them feasting on ant larvae. i took off my fender, then battery housing and couldn't believe my eyes. my batter looked white!
i cleaned most of it out with a vacuum and hosed the 2 square frames that run parallel across the side. i'm waiting for it to dry so i can apply then ant killer gel.

any other suggestions???

Last edited by BrandNew2002; 06-06-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:10 AM

I don't mean to laugh, but as I read your post, there was an advertisement for Terminex under the post. I can just imagine the call to them..."I would like to set up a visit for my bike...no, not my house...my bike....no, not the garage..umm...my bike."

So on a serious note, put it in a shed, a garage and try a fog bomb...then wash it top to bottom and in between.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most bugs are attracted to electronics and can sense low voltage. But that crap would freak me out. Hose em with brake cleaner!

If you can't avoid keeping your bike near the woods try putting some moth ***** in key areas of the bike. I just picked up a gallon of Ortho Home Defense MAX bug spray that works pretty well at home depot for 6$.. Odor free, doesn't stain, "lasts for a year", and for indoor and outdoor use., you can just cover your bike in that stuff.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-06-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by F4iride
I don't mean to laugh, but as I read your post, there was an advertisement for Terminex under the post. I can just imagine the call to them..."I would like to set up a visit for my bike...no, not my house...my bike....no, not the garage..umm...my bike."

So on a serious note, put it in a shed, a garage and try a fog bomb...then wash it top to bottom and in between.
Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Most bugs are attracted to electronics and can sense low voltage. But that crap would freak me out. Hose em with brake cleaner!

If you can't avoid keeping your bike near the woods try putting some moth ***** in key areas of the bike. I just picked up a gallon of Ortho Home Defense MAX bug spray that works pretty well.. Odor free, doesn't stain, "lasts for a year", and for indoor and outdoor use., you can just cover your bike in that stuff.
that's pretty funny about the terminex ad. i put the bike in my backyard for now. i've been cleaning the in's and out's for the past 3 hours. i cleaned about 99% of all the larvae and just applied some more of the ant killer gel.

i will definitely check out some of that bug spray. I'm going to wait it out for another day or two and see if this gel works.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:46 AM

I can't believe you didn't take any photos!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:13 PM

damn dude that's crazy i wish you had pics. i had an owl land on my shoulder one night while riding my f4i

Old 06-12-2010, 01:31 PM

photos?? i didn't know whether to be pissed or astonished! everything is good now. i cleaned it out and sprayed some ortho ant killer with a orange scent.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:36 PM

brake clean and a lighter.. THE BUGGERS WOULDVE PAID!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F4iride
I don't mean to laugh, but as I read your post, there was an advertisement for Terminex under the post.
I don't mean to laugh, but you see ads?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HydroPrelude85
damn dude that's crazy i wish you had pics. i had an owl land on my shoulder one night while riding my f4i
Pics or it didn't happen.

I had the ad too! It was lulz.

But I do not like bugs. I'm not afraid, I'm just kinda a germaphobe (sp). I would've had someone else clean my bike :P

Quick Reply: mother nature is taking over!