F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Moding my bike have a few questions help is appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moding my bike have a few questions help is appreciated

i have a cbr f4i 01 im looking to do a few things to it and im having a hard time finding information about these things.
1. I have switching out the stock headlights with halo style however i havent been able to find and pics or info on how the halos work with your headlights, i want to know if there is a way to make it so your headlight can be off i know stock its on if the bike is on can that be changed easily?
2. im looking at the delkevic ds70, the info on it says not intended for road use. Does this mean it will make my bike illegal to ride on the streets?
also i have seen alot of reviews of how loud it is but no one really can demonstrate how loud it is does anyone have this?
thank you guys let me know what info you have!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know about the headlight issue, but the exhaust disclaimer is there because
federal law makes it illegal to modify the emmissions/noise characteristics of any bike
made after the 90's-ish.

Thus, the aftermarket manufacturers can only sell their products for "show purposes".
So technically, yes, all after-market exhausts installed on a bike ridden on the street
are illegal. UNLESS, they meet or excede the original exhaust gas and noise standard
the bike manufacturer originally meet.

In addition many towns, etc. have adopted noise ordinances to combat
the obnoxious, as well.

Ern

Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headlights are a easy one, under the seat there is a fuse box with the headlight circuit in it, wire in a relay to control the hot side of the circuit then wire in a small rocker switch somewhere easy to get to an your done. Radio shack has small rockers so you don't get the big nasty ones from the auto parts stores