CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Miss it (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/miss-137120/)

fubbzie 04-21-2012 06:02 PM

Miss it

Unfortunately I had to sell my F4i last year at the end of Fall and now I regret it so much. I just want another so bad. This year money is tight so it looks like ill have to wait until next year to get another baby hopefully an RR or another F4i. I still lurk around here because I miss it so much. I guess if i see a deal i cant pass up I'll do it but does not seem promising. hope the year is good for you guys. Stay safe, sticky side down.

nickp123 04-21-2012 10:09 PM

i still miss my f4i. I havent built up the same bond with my rr yet. I want mine back too

magnus 04-22-2012 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1152355)
i still miss my f4i. I havent built up the same bond with my rr yet. I want mine back too

Wanna trade? :p

nickp123 04-22-2012 04:33 AM

haha ill let you know in a few months. if things arent working out between me and her then id be willing to do a little swap...

fubbzie 04-22-2012 12:57 PM

NJ isn't to far cut me a good enough deal sometime I might take it lol.

Proendo 04-22-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1152355)

What is it about the F4i you love so much. I haven't road an RR yet but plan on trying my friends 2005 RR this year. I figured it be the natural progression to move up to something better than the F4i.

I started on a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (gave it to the wife) Got a 2003 F4i (sold it) and recently got the the 2001 F4i.

Last year I tried out his 2005 GSXR 1000 a couple of times. Little crazy for my first year with a bike. It was amazing.

I was thinking of giving the F4i to the wife and upgrading to an RR so I am interested to see why you love the F4i so much.

nickp123 04-22-2012 09:55 PM

It was just a good bike, im sure theyre alll comparable...but anything you put a lot of time and work into is gonna be like that. The thing was rock solid, it was my first bike and great to learn on, haha more sentimental than anything i guess, good times.

After riding my rr for the first time it was way smoother, quick firm shifts vs the f4i's clunky gearbox, all the usual stuff that 5 years of technology can do and i loved it, just havent spent enough time working on it and riding it yet to really think of it the same way. The f4i certainly has character and is a great all around bike but im sure after a summer with my rr ill feel exactly the same way about it as i do my f4i. I still wouldnt mind having another f4i though.

The 03-04 rr's arent really a huge step up performance wise either, just a more aggressive riding position, and way more aggressive/sportier styling and all that stuff. The 05-06s have the inverted forks and radial brakes and stuff which will help on a track but for street use again there isnt really gonna be noticeable improvements besides just being a way smoother bike. I think the 07+ models are probably where the 600rr starts to be way beyond the f4i.

magnus 04-22-2012 11:29 PM

Try going from a f2 to a f4i. It rides so much better. Throttle response is nice. And I like how it looks way more.

Aken 04-23-2012 12:26 AM

You know, I will miss my F4i, but only for sentimental reasons. I really want a newer 600 because the F4i is just not smooth enough for me. It sure is comfy, though.

Guess that's what makes me lucky - I have two motorcycles :)

Kuroshio 04-23-2012 12:45 AM

Well I thought I missed my F4i. But with my BMW in the shop, I pulled her out on Sat and took a quick ride for some gas. I have to admit, she felt like a stranger to me.

Ah well I have a week at least to get reaquainted. Mayhap I'll alternate bikes, Yolie one day and Ororo the other :D