CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Minty mint F4i Frame Sliders... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/minty-mint-f4i-frame-sliders-127547/)

mediaburn 06-28-2011 12:21 PM

Minty mint F4i Frame Sliders...

I have a super mint white/red f4i. 5400km. The last guy had 2-3 inch chicken strips. Orig owner. It's looks brand new, stock everything. The org tires aren't even cracked. (10 year old rubber has since been replaced with Q2's)

A few of my friends are telling me to put on no cut sliders to preserve it's mintness, but I have read here I would be better off using cut sliders for anything more then a packing lot tip over.

I intend on keeping this bike for 3-4 years... so at the end it wont be so minty anyway. So, does it make any difference to the value if I get good cut sliders?

kazspeed 06-28-2011 12:32 PM

no

Xander F4i 06-28-2011 12:42 PM

cut in sliders are going to be much better if they are ever put to the test. no-cut sliders on an F4i tend to destroy the motor...in which case you are better off not having them on the bike at all.

F34Me? 06-28-2011 12:43 PM

Get an engine and subframe cage, add clip-ons, spools on the swingarm and good delrin bar ends (like Shogun or similar). It will cost $600 or so, but would be worth it for such a low miles bike. You could remove the stuff when you sell the bike and get a bit of your money back, or use it to sweeten the deal when you sell.

gotcbr 06-28-2011 01:43 PM

Congrats on getting your minty bike.

Won't hurt value to cut for sliders (if its done correctly).

No-cut sliders are worthless for practical application.

Btw, welcome to the forum. :)

tyfrist 06-28-2011 01:59 PM

holy quadruple post batman!!

get cut frame sliders if you're going to get frame sliders. If not then don't bother with no cut

mediaburn 06-28-2011 03:39 PM

Thanks guys.

Great forum you have here, super useful.

ucyifly 06-29-2011 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i (Post 1072879)
cut in sliders are going to be much better if they are ever put to the test. no-cut sliders on an F4i tend to destroy the motor...in which case you are better off not having them on the bike at all.

They replace the rear-most side fairing bolts, at least the ones I have do. How could they hurt the engine?

nickp123 06-29-2011 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by ucyifly (Post 1073220)
How could they hurt the engine?

Since the no cuts arent sticking out from the frame, when the bike falls over the engine lands on them and they can crack orr puncture the engine case or whatever particular part of the motor they are over.

ucyifly 06-29-2011 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1073229)
Since the no cuts arent sticking out from the frame, when the bike falls over the engine lands on them and they can crack orr puncture the engine case or whatever particular part of the motor they are over.

I'm not disputing this, so don't anyone get mad, but I just don't understand how that could happen. Perhaps there are different styles of no-cuts and some go in different locations, but the ones I have screw into the frame and I just don't see how the engine could possibly come anywhere near them.