F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Micron Highmount Fade Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micron Highmount Fade Exhaust

Just got it on, its on a 2003 F4i. Figure i would share.

https://cbrforum.com/m_220115/mpage_.../tm.htm#220115

Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Default RE: Micron Highmount Fade Exhaust

hey... how much did you get that exhaust for?

i want a slip-on... not high mount, that's faded red. ebay doesn't exactly have any. and i wanna get it as cheap as possible.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:56 AM

Looks great & I love the color!!!

BUT.....too bad the Micron exhausts/mufflers sound like crap. I had one before my Yoshi pipe and it just droned out when riding and got annoying very quick....hence why I sold it

Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 PM

I think it was $390 from indysuperbike.com. I beleive the highmount is the same price as the standard mount. Nobody else that is selling these can beat there price either, ( i tried everyone who said they match price or beat prices, they said they couldnt come close to this price)
Yeah i searched ebay for awhile hoping someone would post one up, but no luck. But from what i have read on other forums with ppl that have purchased these and some of my friends have been very satisfied and dont want to sell them.(^^Except for the post above ^^) That sounds like a good sign.

I had a Yoshi TRS before i bought the micron and it sounded good. A few of my friends had the microns and they sounded almost exactly the same as the yoshi. I have not gotten mine fired up yet so i cant say for certain what mine sounds like, but from what my friends have there's not that big of a difference. But you have the RS-3 and i have not heard that exhaust before so i have no opnion there to go on.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:33 PM

Looks good, but the high mounts limit your passenger space. I prefer my Two Bros.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM

Rancid....

Don't get me wrong....it looks bad ***.

With the Micron pipe....that's all I heard when I was riding and like I said it got annoying.

But with the Yoshi pipe......it sounded quieter to me & didn't drone out when I was riding, but my dad said it was a lot louder when I took off on it.

So I guess it's preference

Old 01-25-2007, 09:57 PM

That's a beautiful muffler![/align][/align]I have the Scorpian titanium regular mount pipe, it was way too loud, so got the "quiet tip" insert they make for it - goes inside the end pipe and is held in place with one set screw. You can't see it and it soundsfabulous, still has that really low burble, but doesn't annoy the neighbors when I leave the house. Is a bit louder than stock, but is really nice, I love it's sound now![/align][/align]I'm guessing Micron would have the same thing for yours if you decide you need it.[/align][/align]-Susan[/align]'04CBRf4i[/align]