F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Maybe buying this tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maybe buying this tomorrow

po thank you for your replies. I've tried cycletrader with no luck. Dealer's defiently do have the upper hand in the motorcycle industry. I've kinda spent the day researching and confirming I'm making the right choice. It seems that most reviewers praise the kawasaki zzr600 (zx-6) among the sport touring bikes as being the most comfortable, having the best riding posistion, and having the smoothest power. I don't want to act like a kawa "fanboy" so I guess what I'm asking is what made you decide to go with the f4i over the zzr. Thank you.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:57 PM

I looked at a zx6, I could have got a VERY good deal on it, but my wife is a hard core Kawi hater....and I kinda let her have some input on my bike.....she actually didnt like the F4I either, but she loved the color scheme. I was planning on buying a 03-05 gsxr600 or 750 when I happened upon the deal I got for the F4I, but personally I like Kawasaki's but think they do need to work on the overall look of the bike a tad more. My advice to you is to go sit on whatever bikes you are considering, all bikes are good no matter what brand, people just have preferences...see what is more comfortable to your sitting/riding position........I like the overall feel/riding position of the F4I .....every bike is going to have it's quirks, so ride comfortable, you can have a beautiful bike but if it's not comfortable to ride, its going to be sitting in the garage more than riding

Old 03-17-2007, 09:47 PM

I actually like the '01 and '02 seats more than the newer F4i's because they are not connected into one ugly seat. You are getting a decent deal. Try getting them to trow in a service plan. It is usually the best way to get them to lower the price with out actually having them do so.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:43 PM

i remember when i was lookin at bikes, it's one thing to just sit on a bike and say, "oh this one feels kind of comfortable." and it's another story actually taking it down the road and seeing how it feels in motion. i at first when i first just sat on bikes liked how the cbr600rr and the zx6r felt just sitting on it. but i ended up getting a f4i after i found a good deal. not too long ago i took my friends 636 out, and rode it around for 10 minutes, totally different feel comfort wise. not that it's uncomfortable, but it's like the difference between a semi sport compact car, and a real sports car.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you looked on cycletrader.com? I found mine there 2 years ago, same colors, from a private seller, mint condition, all stock, adult ridden, got it fo 5K cash and with 3900 miles. There are other options. I would offer 4800 and if they dont bite, pretend you are in Mexico bartering and walk away. Leave your number and tell them to call you if they reconsider. Probably will call you.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:36 AM

Slip: what do you mean different feel comfort wise? Please explain which one was more "comfortable" on straights, in the twisties, etc.
e3gordon: I have looked on cycle trader. There wasn't much there. I live in the midwest and warmer temperatures are on their way. Top that off with it being income tax time and rising fuel costs and the fact that used bikes for sale around here go very quickly I'll guarantee you that they won't take anything less than KBB retail price for it. Around here getting a used bike @ KBB retail price is a decent deal. I paid $300 over KBB retail for my 90 FZR last year. That was from a private party and that price ws negotiated down $400 from his asking price....Thanks for your responses guys.