F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Maybe buying this tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe buying this tomorrow

After I registered and posted this in the RR forum I realized it was in the wrong place.
http://www.hawkeyemotorworks.com/pre...&newused=B

Anyway's I'm thinking of offering $5200 + TTL ($20 more than KBB) tomorrow for the red & black one. What do you think? To high/to low. What do you think should be the asking price and selling price?

Also the 05 "banana" seat seemed much more comfortable. How much could I pick up a "banana" seat for and how hard would it be to swap out on days that the wife and I ride up to the caves.
Also what is the factory period??
Thanks.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Default RE: Maybe buying this tomorrow

seems fair, dealers are always expensive though...

I wouldnt buy the bannana just cuz its ugly.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:12 AM

Well your offer is fair for both you and seller. As for the banana seat, You have to replace the whole tail section if you want that. You will need a sub-frame, battery tray, plastic, seat, and taillight, etc. If you do the swap you can probably sell your current tail and all for more than you buy the banana seat one.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:20 AM

So $5200 isn't a steal, but not really getting bent over to hard either. I currently have a 90 FZR and want something new before summer so a savings of $300-400 (Finding one @ $4900) isn't worth the hassle of looking around. Now if you're telling me that if I look hard enough I could get a 02 with those miles for $4000.00 I may wait and look more.

BTW: I agree the banana seat is ugly as hell. Just thought if I could switch it on/off in minutes I'd do it just for the comfort on long rides for the wife and I. We like to ride up to the caves on those nice weekends so I quick switch while the bike is warming up would be beneficial. The FZR is so killer on the wrists and I'm tired of replacing plugs from the carbs running rich that I'm just ready to upgrade to fuel injection and pond that thing off.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:30 AM

From my experience, I found out that dealers will usually charge about $600-800+ for all the bs fees they have and tax too. For a $5,600 bike, I'd say they're asking 6200-6400 OTD. I bet the lowest they're willing to go is 6k. Let me know what happens and if I'm right!!

Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 AM

Well you can't put a banana seat on that bike as it is, but I personally thikn the split seat does look better. I don't think that the banana seat is ugly tho, and imho it is way more comfortable.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:42 AM

hmmmm. Intresting. I'll strike up a deal. (KBB $5200 +TTL). If they try pulling that crap on me after drawing up the contract I'll tell him to take it off or I'll stand up and walk out. I work at a dealership so I see the crap the salesman try to pull all the time. (extended warranties, etc) Usually they get away with it and usually when someone is going to walk out over some extra "fees" they usually drop them....
Motorcycle dealers have the upper hand though since there is only 4 in town....

Old 03-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Your not getting a steal, you can find a newer one with less miles and more aftermarket parts for less money, plus you can put on the title you bought it for less than you did if you buy from a independent person. check craigslist in your area. I seen a NICE red'black on ebay the other day for 5000 low miles, ton of aftermarket parts, i told the guy id give him 4800 he said okay, few minutes later someone did the buy it now for 5000 i just got a '03 with 3400miles for $4500 with frame sliders,yoshi exhaust,PC but it all depends on being patient to find the best deal for your money, oh and I hate dealerships that charge ridiculous money, I would never buy another used bike from a dealer again, only if it was new. just my .02

Old 03-17-2007, 03:48 PM

It's to cold to test drive it today, so I guess that gives me a day or two for the weather to warm up and look for a better deal. I'm not going to be buying one off of ebay. I checked craigslist and checked the local paper.Nothing worth a dam in either. Is there any other site that people list their bikes on?

Old 03-17-2007, 05:45 PM

I wouldn't buy one off ebay unless it was in my area, so that I could go inspect the bike myself......besides forums here and there with classifieds, the only other big one I can think of is cycletrader.com

Quick Reply: Maybe buying this tomorrow