F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

May sound dumb but would like an answer...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May sound dumb but would like an answer...

I have only been riding for a few weeks and was wondering if I am sitting correctly because my *** has been killing me. I have been sitting pretty close to the tank and the seat is more narrow in the front so it hurts. Today I tried using the back section which is wider and my *** was better but I feel a little ackward. Is there a correct riding position? Using the back is more comfy but I feel wierd....

Old 03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey J, the only dumb questions are the ones you already know the answers to! I'm fairly new to the 2 wheel world too, I did what Hang said and found it more comfy to scoot all the way back. Less stress on the jewels, plus I'm built like an orangutan (my knuckles drag the ground when I walk)lol. Not really but its the best description, I'm 6'3", 190lbs and need a 3X to fit my long *** arms, if I get anything to fit my chest, the sleeves only make it to my elbows. Just sit where you fell most comfortable (less painful) and get used to it so you dont feel so wierd. Become one with the machine, there's alot more important sht to worry bout (IDIOTs in cars) than how your *** hurts. Once you get comfy on her, work on practicing countersteer, it sounds stupid but it works. Who'dve guessed you need to steer right to turn left? There's a write up that explains it all. Probably shoulda left that for another post. OL. Ride safe bro.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM

yea its more comfortable to scoot back
but while riding i always end up sliding forward on accident
but def try to stay slid to the back if your not too short
it makes it more comfortable like you said, because its wider

and yea it will def get better as time goes by, although i never really noticed any soreness

Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 PM

When I ride around town, I never have issues. Its when I go on long road trips. So what I do, is take my left elbow and put it on the tank and use my left wrist to support my throttle hand. I can ride 120 miles straight without a stop.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 PM

I sit forward unless i'm riding hard then I'm all the way back but the only issue I have with soreness on a long ride is my hands and wrist and sitting up against the tank seems to help with that.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by fourxchevy
I sit forward unless i'm riding hard then I'm all the way back but the only issue I have with soreness on a long ride is my hands and wrist and sitting up against the tank seems to help with that.
You should be off the seat if you're riding hard... Besides, being up further when riding hard is better - that way you're center of gravity is further forward, and lower (due to the slope of the seat).

Old 03-11-2009, 05:13 AM

Try adjusting the bars back and up a little.

Just loosen the lock bolts and rotate them back toward you a little. You can also raise them slightly. There's a circlip in a groove at the top of fork tubes, but it can removed and the bars brought up flush with the top of the fork tube. Check for clearance against the tank and fairing lock to lock.

It doesn't take much to make a difference in comfort. If that doesn't help, try a custom seat. I had mine done my Sargent and I use by F4i for long tours.

--Paul

Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 AM

It's a Honda sportbike seat aka brick wrapped in leather. Your butt will never like the seat but after a few rides you at least won't be sore when you get off the bike.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 AM

There is only one correct riding position when fast riding: knees locked into tank so that you don't slide foward when braking. For town riding, I suggest you find what's most comfortable but even then you might need to brake suddenly and if your kness aren't locked in; you ......... brake ......... and smash your nuts on the tank. For me, a relaxed town riding position just means that I don't press very hard on the tank with me knees, but the clinch is there just the same.

Quick Reply: May sound dumb but would like an answer...