CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Man Down... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/man-down-100062/)

Stephens 08-31-2009 05:46 PM

Man Down...

Sunday, I was out riding and was doing some sick wheelies, I was working on my shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. I was at my balance point and went to shift and my tail hit the concrete and my bike went out from under me. The front end is all torn up and the tail is gone, my frame sliders saved most of it the fairings but its still torn up, it saved the engine from sliding on the concrete.

I have dislocated my left shoulder, it was a good thing I was wearing full body armor,otherwise they would have been peeling me off the concrete.

So now, I have filed a claim with my insurance, I have full coverage. So now I am debating to fix my bike or get a RR 600 or step up to a 1000RR. What would you guys do?

Aken 08-31-2009 06:18 PM

Turn it into a stunt bike based on your shenanigans.

Berto 08-31-2009 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 831044)
Turn it into a stunt bike based on your shenanigans.

Yeah, that would get my vote, too. Put a stunt cage on it and keep it that way. Get good at wheelies.

Not sure I'd bother with the insurance claim. If you do, it may be your last chance at buying any affordable insurance.

--Paul

PlayfulGod 08-31-2009 07:33 PM

turn the current bike into a proper stunt bike. A 1k sux as a stunt bike, wtf would you wanna stunt a brand new bike? Was you on the street on in a lot when said booboo happen???

Hope ya heal up quick, but thats why a bike has 2 wheels yanno ;)

Elfling 08-31-2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 831065)
Yeah, that would get my vote, too. Put a stunt cage on it and keep it that way. Get good at wheelies.

Not sure I'd bother with the insurance claim. If you do, it may be your last chance at buying any affordable insurance.

--Paul

Pretty much this.

RojerLockless 09-01-2009 10:32 AM

This thread makes me lol :) Glad you are ok though or it wouldn't be funny. I would turn your bike into a parking lot stunter based on you looping your last bike yo :P

Ruthless 09-01-2009 11:43 AM

+1 with everyone.

Stephens 09-02-2009 12:18 AM

Thats what I was thinking too, make this one my stunt bike and get another one for riding around for fun. Thanks for the input.

Parking lot is where it happened. Thank god for body armor :)

Zero1080 09-02-2009 07:53 AM

^ I plan on doing that in a few years. Just buying a 1000rr and leaving it stock, for track days, and daily riding, but then taking my f4i and turning it into a "spirited driving machine'' that can drop without worry.

yog182 09-02-2009 08:15 AM

Lesson learned.. Start your wheelies in second gear.. The F4i can easily do it! =)