Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video! I enjoyed it.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job, the vid is great!

I think the best cam out there right now is the:

ATC9K HD All Terrain Video Action Camera (ATC9K) :Action Cams: Outdoor: Oregon Scientific

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vid, I normally scan these and give up after 30-60 seconds but I was hooked with this after that time and watched the whole thing.

Great composition and quality picture as well. Well done the P/T editing shows

Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 AM

Very well put together!

I just got a GoPro too from O. Have you tried the suction cup on the helmet? I've been reluctant to stick the adhesive mount on my new helmet.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by CrankyHippo
It's just south of Bodega more towards Point Reyes. I'm hoping to make it down to Monterey for some MotoGp action! I'll definitely be getting some footage then. Thanks to everyone for the comments, i do part time video editing and i've been waiting till i got enough footage to do an edit.

The jacket is a Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket

Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

It is a good all around jacket. It'll keep you warm in temps 40+ keeps the rain out and the vents work good in the heat, my only complaint is that if you are not wearing a backpack around 60mph+ the airflow it will start to pull on you, but really it's not a big deal.
pull on you? meaning when the vents are open it feels like it pulling you back like a chute?

Old 05-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Probably the jacket does not fit properly and fills with air that flows in around the collar and through the vents, causing the jacket to fill with air and puff up, much like a parachute. Nothing funnier than a squid with a puffed out jacket back!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:19 PM

Wow. Very nice video! I love the placement of the camera throughout the vid. So you say the suction cup mount works well for fairings? I might have to pick one up. I have a go-pro, but I'm hesitant to put the sticky mounts on the bike...

Anthony, I put one of the sticky mounts on my helmet, and while it was removable, the mount was just high enough to scuff my visor If you do end up putting a sticky mount on the helmet, make sure you check how far your visor flips up before you mount it. Good thing is, it didn't damage my helmet or the paint when I pulled it off. Didn't come off easy at all though lol

Old 05-21-2011, 10:40 PM

Ah, thanks for the input.
That's what I'm worried about. I put a simple sticker on my retired HJC helmet, and upon removal of the sticker came some of the helmet paint with it.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:47 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by AnthonyTxL
Very well put together!

I just got a GoPro too from O. Have you tried the suction cup on the helmet? I've been reluctant to stick the adhesive mount on my new helmet.
Suction cup is not recommended for curved surfaces. The adhesive mounts use a 3M tape compound thing, which removes very cleanly. The only reason the paint would come up with it is if the paint job really sucks.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Good vid.

I also have the gopro HD...LOVE IT. Got it when they released the LCD back and battery backpack. I keep the LCD on it, it makes it much easier to use. you really only need to keep the battery backpack on if you have continuous use, with a 32 gig card installed, a single battery will fill a 16, need two for a 32. However the backpack is also a stand alone charger, both of these things I really think are worth it, but lcd attachment is my #1 accessory for it.

Quick Reply: Made a new video with my GoPro