F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lowered my F4i and I love it

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered my F4i and I love it

Ok so i have been wanting to lower my bike for the longest time because im 5'7 and i was tired of driving something that wasnt made for my size(exactly). I feel great coming to stops and I can finally back up my bike, something i havent really ever been able to do. And as far as handling, this thing handles great! I feel like I have a lot more control over the bike now so If you have ever thought of lowering your bike because of hieght issues than i highly recomend it.

Joe

Old 09-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Lowered my F4i and I love it

Yep....it's one of the best mods I ever did.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: turbojoe
And as far as handling, this thing handles great!
For the street.

When you turn it up and start grounding hard parts it dosent handle so good.

I understand your reasoning for lowering it, but keep it realistic. A lowered bike will NOT handle as well as a stock bike. If you think is does, then it's all about your comfort level, NOT the bikes handling.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 PM

+1 to Blackdog
it may feel better but it doesn't improve handling
I'm 5'8" and my bike is about 1.5" taller than stock and I can still maneuver it and even get on it without a kickstand so you don't NEED to lower a bike its just more convenient (which is cool if you commuting but don't try hittin the twisties and don't even consider going to the track)

Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 PM

I go bought the bike 1" lower and the confidence quickly rise, especially for beginners. You can hit the twisties w/out a hitch, ya you do scrap the pegs easier but it does turn quite well. Just be careful of speedbumps and putholes [:@]

Old 09-27-2006, 05:03 AM

real world confidence is more important that theoretical or on track ground clearance.

someone will go faster, safer on a bike they are comfortable riding more easily than a bike that 'someone else' could take lower into a turn.

thus for him, the bike handles better.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: JaSoN

real world confidence is more important that theoretical or on track ground clearance.

someone will go faster, safer on a bike they are comfortable riding more easily than a bike that 'someone else' could take lower into a turn.

Exactly....

Old 09-27-2006, 01:09 PM

I'm 5.6. When backing up, I get on the left side, one hand on the bar and one under the seat, and push it until I get it back enough. Then jump on and throw it in first.

Not worth lowering IMO, but I LOVE the track and twisties.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: JaSoN

Nicely put. Before i was taking turns kinda slow cause I feel like im sittin so high off the ground and no that im lower its easier to put the bike down and it feels a lot better so for a beginner like me only a month experience i say its good if youre short to go ahead and just lower it right off the bat to get used to it then later on raise it up to stock when you have that confidence cause thats really all its about. Any input is welcome..

Old 09-27-2006, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: turbojoe

Ok so i have been wanting to lower my bike for the longest time because im 5'7 and i was tired of driving something that wasnt made for my size(exactly). I feel great coming to stops and I can finally back up my bike, something i havent really ever been able to do. And as far as handling, this thing handles great! I feel like I have a lot more control over the bike now so If you have ever thought of lowering your bike because of hieght issues than i highly recomend it.

Joe
how much did you lower it?

Quick Reply: Lowered my F4i and I love it