F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Low Compression in three cylinders.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low Compression in three cylinders.

not to bad, get the hynes model, have you ever rebuilt a 4 stroke dirtbike?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low Compression in three cylinders.

just sea foam the **** out of it. that stuff will fix anything...

well, maybe not this

edit: actually, i did read a post earlier today where a guy said that using seafoam brought up compression. This guy claimed to be an auto mechainic for 15 years or so.

ORIGIONAL FATHEADS1KRR

Most people don't buy into the "snake oil" thing for good reason. Most of it is crap, and if didn't see what this stuff does for myself, i would call bs on it too. As a fuel stabilizer, it would be worth twice the asking price, and by no means does it do anything majical, but i have used it to free up several seized engines (auto) and have used both the reg sea foam, and the trans tune regularly at my shop for the last 5 years. Like i said, you def don't want to just dump a bunch in the crank n forget it. It does thin the oil (depending on how much you use) and WILL damage the engine if misused, but the way this stuff breaks down carbon and oil sludge that most engines (even the well cared for) have in them, really is incredible. Its the ONLY additive i have ever found that works as advertised, and doesn't have any neg affects, or any that i, or my customers have found yet. Lil story for ya : old lady w/a 80 sumthin ford fairmont (yuk), car WILL NOT pass MO. emission test, even after tune, timing...... e/thing we could think of to get this car to pass. Also had real low compression (65-70 lbs). Ran two cans of sea foam thru the gas, and 1 in the crank/oil. Told her to drive it for 3 days and return to the shop. Complained about the smoking, said it had to be worse cuz it now smoked. Took it to get sniffed the next day, and it passed !! Not only did it pass, but it brought compression up across the board by about 12 lbs !! Not a good example of why to use it in your bike, esp a new bike, but this stuff really does work. BS me if you wanna, i would too, but ive seen it work. btw, it did stop smoking after she ran that tank out n filled up w/untreated gas.
just something to think about, although it will probably not help you[:@]