F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Loudest/quietest slip ons?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudest/quietest slip ons?

Hi guys, new to the forums here (been lurking for a while), picked up a 2003 f4i with 7K miles on it. Bike is all stock, except the hot bodies undertail kit. I was looking at a slip on exhaust for the bike (something easy enough to switch back to stock if need be) and was wondering which are the loudest and which are not? The stock pipe sounds good, not loud enough. My friend has a jardine slip-on which is very mellow. Is the D&D the loudest? How are other companies; M4, 2bros, micron (love the high mount), akrapovik, etc. ? I ma strictly looking for a smooth sound (similar to stock) but want to get an idea of which are loud. I want a moderate to very loud pipe, but with the ability to go back to stock in a half hour or so.

Also, any websites that specialize in the f4i for anything aftermarket would be great.

Is there any required re-programming with a slip on? (excuse my ignorance, I come from the ninja 500 family where we twist screws on our "pilots" and other ancient things like that.

Name:  f4i.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  71.4 KB

Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Loudest/quietest slip ons?

d&d and Akro

Old 08-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all replies are going to be peoples personal opinion and while one person may think their Yoshimura SCREAMS loud as could be......i personaly think they're barely louder than stock........while others may think a Two Bros. (my personal fav.) is quiet, i think it has the deepest, most badass tone through the entire powerband .

prob. best to do a "slipon" search in the F4i threads. you'll get alot of peoples opinions.

also, lets see some pics of this F4i, chief!

Old 08-24-2008, 04:13 AM

Welcome. I like yosh but that is personal preferance. There is no required reprogramming however with a pipe and aftermarket air filter you can gain alot with reprogramming with pcIII.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:01 AM

Get a d&d. Announce your arrival from 3 miles away[8D] (seriously, I live in a small town... with my d&d you can literally hear me from anywhere in town.)

Actually, I'll sell you my d&d... $200 + shipping? I want a quieter (and high-mount) slip on lol

Old 08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From personal experience I can tell you the quietest might be the Jardine with street baffle (can get it with race baffle which is obviously louder).
Loudest by unanimous decision is the D&D.
In between, may be everything else
Just do some research and find out which sound you like.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 AM

I've heard a D&D on what I think was an F3 and it was as if the pipe was a little kid who was trying to get on your nerves. I think D&D gives sportbike exhaust a bad name. I'm currently running a Hardrock Riot Pipe and it's LOUD! It has a deeper tone than a D&D, and when run with the baffle set wide open it's real deep at low rpm on an F4i. I bought the riot pipe cause its short and black and loud and although you lose some low end torque I still like it.

Check this one out for LOR, never heard it, but I like the look.
http://leveloneracing.com/products-C...1-07-slip.aspx

Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 AM

D & D is going to be loudest. In a bad way in my opinion. Just too high pitched.

I got a high mount shorty Two Bro's on mine. Best sound in my opinion. Loud, deep growl. In the past I have literally had people come up to me at stop signs, gas stations, etc and tell me how good it sounds. One guy even followed me to a gas station just so he could tell me that my bike sounds like a bike should sound. His words: "A big ol angry bumble bee". lol

Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 PM

As mentioned earlier, everyone will have different opinions. I have a two bros and think it has a great sound to it however it is quite loud for me. It's not obnoxious loud but loud enough that I wear plugs.

Good luck!

Old 08-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Starleak we need pics

I have two bros and love it. Especially when you hit around 6-7000. My friend has a yosh, I think two bros is a little louder. Just a little.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loudest/quietest slip ons?