F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking for some input/ideas/starting points

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some input/ideas/starting points

Hello, this is my first post, haha. I just bought a 2001 CBR600F4i this spring and I am kind of looking at doing a couple projects over the winter with it before spring time rolls around again.

I'd like to do something with my exhaust. Right now I have an aftermarket Two Bros. slip-on that came with the bike when I bought it. I'm not a big fan of where the exhaust comes out on the F4's so I was wondering what others have done to change it up a bit. I was thinking about doing something to either make it stay more under the bike and kind of end right before it hits the back wheel. My other idea was to extend it further and have it kind of follow the tail (similar to the RR's) but not necessarily under the tail unless there is a feasible less expensive way of doing that maybe?

I'd also like to change my head lights to brighter ones withe the bluish glow. I've seen a couple examples of them on this site. Does anyone know which bulbs those are?

I guess that's all for now. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Default RE: Looking for some input/ideas/starting points

http://cbrworld.net/photos/personal_...8/500x375.aspx

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6...6raised8rd.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Moto...=p4506.c0.m245

here are some ideas but the last one thats on e-bay is gunna be hella loud. and the first one could possiblyget ur *** really hot. lol

Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the input. I really like the look of the last one and I know for a fact that it's pretty loud. I've seen a kid around town with it, but never got a chance to talk to him about where he got it.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 AM

yea my brother-in-law wants to get one for his but not me i like to fly UNDER the radar.lolatleast alittle bit. but yea they are only like 70 bucks on e-bay.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: donkizle

yea my brother-in-law wants to get one for his but not me i like to fly UNDER the radar.lolatleast alittle bit. but yea they are only like 70 bucks on e-bay.
because they are junk... There was a post of someone who got this exact pipe and thats all it is, a pipe. it doesn't even seal onto the midpipe. i love the look but i'm not willing to put something so crappy on my bike.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:10 PM

I've been looking at the RR's and like that look. Has anyone tried to convert their F4i exhaust to the RR look? I would assume you'd have to buy a new sub-frame and/or swingarm? I'm just curious if anyone has done this and how. Thanks.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM

in order to convert to an undertail exhaust you would have to fab a WHOLE RR rear end onto your F4i. a great thing to look at that you might like is a high mount exhaust just like in the first pic... Micron makes a few of them, and you can get a shorter canso it doesn't stick out. and YES, you CAN retain the rear foot pegs with longer bolts and a small pipe as a shim...

Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 PM

Hey if you don't want your Two Bros slip on, I have a friend who would buy it from you. What do you want for it? PM me or email me at Roynice152@gmail.com

Old 09-29-2008, 09:01 PM

Does anyone know of any options for exhaust that end up looking similar to the Stealth MotoGP junk that is being sold on eBay? I really like how it looks, but haven't found one good word about it so I've been trying to look around to find something like that but better quality, not just a straight pipe or something.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:31 PM

nope an your not going to find one. theres baxically not enough room to make a proper can work there thats not just a piece of tubing with a bafle welded in. but if you like the look you can find all the parts to make one at your locale auto parts dealer. but i would strongly suggest to get your bike tuned after install. those pipes are know to burn up valves from lack of back presure.

Quick Reply: Looking for some input/ideas/starting points