F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking to purchase F4i, what would you say it's worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Oklahoma. There just don't seem to be many of them around here. They're either way more than I'm wanting to spend(newer, lower miles) or they're stunt bikes that I really have no interest in having anything to do with at that point. My friend's F4i I want to say he paid 2500 or so for, it looks great. It had a solo tail that had to be painted still, but otherwise is very nice. I'm ok with wearables needing replaced, I'm an automotive technician so I can't imagine any of the work being that difficult for me to DIY. I guess I really do need to just hang in there. I'm probably going to check out the RR next weekend if it's still available.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe buy from other states and ship it home, ride it home? Meet seller halfway? Ditto....some sellers even deliver if with 300miles. My friend purchase his from eBay/ Ohio and shipped it to LA....$700 shipping cost...but he won at a low bid so it turned out good...

Old 09-29-2011, 10:36 PM

Expand your search, I drove four hours one way to get mine up in Cleveland.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 PM

im in Oklahoma i find a 04 with 31k on her,just need fairing for 1500 bux

Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM

Just saw a 2002 with 22k on it for 3k on Craigslist, but you'd have to ship it from California.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

iPhone URL:
Honda : CBR 2005 Honda CBR600RR Immaculate Condition.

Browser URL:
Honda : CBR 2005 Honda CBR600RR Immaculate Condition.

Download eBay Mobile

How far is Alabama?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 PM

Where do you guys typically source split seat conversion parts?

Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 AM

The bike at Honda of Stillwater? If so, I've looked at it too and it needed a ton of stuff, I went there with one of my roommates to possibly take it for a ride/ask about it and it was pretty sketchy. The bike has been there over two months, during riding season, that should tell you all you need to know about it. I asked the sales guy if the $3500 price tag included a new chain, grips, and tires he asked if i would go to a car dealership and ask for those things on a car i was looking at to which i replied 'i was a tech at a dealership for 7 years and people ask for stuff like that all the time' he looked kind of dumbstruck. IMHO i wouldn't pay more than 27-2800 for the bike, its got over 20k miles and is in pretty poor shape maintenance-wise and the fairings are scratched. I bought an 06 with less than 8k miles on it last year for 3700 and recently converted to split seat. Be patient you can find one during winter.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:09 PM

Definitely pass. I just bought my first bike yesterday (yay!) and it is a 2002 F4i with 22k miles on it. It's not in the best condition, definitely fallen down once or twice. Since it's my first bike that's exactly how I wanted it though. I took it to a mechanic here to check it out, and they told me it's in perfect shape mechanically. I talked the seller down to $2200, so it was a steal of a deal. I had cash in hand, so that helped out quite a bit too. Also, I'm going to school in Utah, and it seems that everything here is just cheaper in general. Keep on looking though.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by okstatef4i
The bike at Honda of Stillwater? If so, I've looked at it too and it needed a ton of stuff, I went there with one of my roommates to possibly take it for a ride/ask about it and it was pretty sketchy. The bike has been there over two months, during riding season, that should tell you all you need to know about it. I asked the sales guy if the $3500 price tag included a new chain, grips, and tires he asked if i would go to a car dealership and ask for those things on a car i was looking at to which i replied 'i was a tech at a dealership for 7 years and people ask for stuff like that all the time' he looked kind of dumbstruck. IMHO i wouldn't pay more than 27-2800 for the bike, its got over 20k miles and is in pretty poor shape maintenance-wise and the fairings are scratched. I bought an 06 with less than 8k miles on it last year for 3700 and recently converted to split seat. Be patient you can find one during winter.
Yes. I was thinking exactly what you are. The nicks/scratches didn't bother me as much as the grips, pads, tires, etc. I figured they're wearables and would give me the chance to put on what I'd prefer anyway, but they didn't want to play ball.

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase F4i, what would you say it's worth?