CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Looking at a 2002 f4i for first bike (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/looking-2002-f4i-first-bike-93297/)

squarepusher13 05-11-2009 12:38 PM

Looking at a 2002 f4i for first bike

Guy is asking 4500 for the bike with 17k on it. I would be willing to spending 4,000 on the bike. Is that a good price, or should I go lower?

blkmz3 05-11-2009 01:12 PM

that's too much with 17k miles on it. right now is the worst time to buy and best time to sell. I bought my f4i as a first bike in the fall but prices were lower then. for $4000 you should be able to get one with lower miles. just keep looking.

dave ls1 05-11-2009 01:17 PM

You would do OK to get that bike for 4k if it's in good shape. Ask if he's had the valves checked or the CCT serviced/replaced. A number of things need a good looking-at around 12k-16k so if he's done them then he's taking good care of it.

PlayfulGod 05-11-2009 01:27 PM

17k is high miles???? pleeease.

f4i_hawk 05-11-2009 01:55 PM

I say if you got the cash then go for it you will not be upset. I love my '02 and its got 30k mi on it and still running strong!

RamVA 05-11-2009 02:10 PM

You can do better.

Zero1080 05-11-2009 02:11 PM

Bikes will run as long as you take care of them. I'd ask if you can take it to a mechanic, or ask for service receipts. Anything to find out its state. 4k seems like a fair price. Is it completely stock? I wouldn't want anyone else's mods, unless you like them. But GL with the buy.

ninjarider1987 05-11-2009 06:25 PM

You can do better if you're patient. I paid 3800 with gear for my '01 f4i with 7k miles. Flawless condition too, one scratch.

CHEMISTRANGER 05-11-2009 08:09 PM

I just bought a 2006 F4i with 20k on it for $3800...... I would have been a little skeptical of the miles but this bike is pristine...... It has never been laid over, wrecked or abused...... It was never ridden in the rain & only had highway miles on it...... Sure you could say that they could have been dishonest but judging by the bikes looks & performance I believe he was mostly to completely honest about it......

It also has some mods..... The windshield is painted metallic blue to match the bike..... It has flush mount turn signals on front & back..... It has a cigarette lighter plug for a radar detector or charging a cell phone..... And it has a shorty pipe which is loud but sounds good...... The short pipe may be the only mod that I don't just love, but it's not that bad either......

The way I see it, for an 06 that looks & runs like new it would be worth putting some extra money in it if I had to, after all I think I got a good deal......

Bottom line is try to find a mature person that says they took care of the bike & if you feel comfortable with them then go for it..... After all you never know who you can really trust..... You just have to go with your gut sometimes & mine has lead me in the correct direction most of the time......

The only way to avoid any of this is to buy new & that is a rip off in it's self..... Never buy any car or bike new..... As soon as you take it home it depreciates through the floor...... All that money loss goes straight to your bank account..... Let someone else take the depreciation & get something that is virtually new for a good price..... This has worked for me time & time again.....

I will show some pics of my 06 on the forum......

We should all try to be honest & it would be easier for all.....
Good luck, I hope you get a good deal.....

sleestak 05-11-2009 09:22 PM

Check out Craigslist. I was just on the Los Angeles site, and there were some MUCH better deals then an 02 for 4500 with 17k miles.