F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Locking riding jacket to bike???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking riding jacket to bike???

Hey, I'm planning on using my bike for the commute to school. I live about 45minutes away. Anyways I was wondering if I should lock my jacket to my bike. My friend told me i can just get a cable and feed it through the two sleeves and lock it to the bike. Im already carrying a backpack full of books and my helmet, I dont want to have to carry the jacket also. Wat do you guys think? anyone ever do this? and do you think a 4feet or 7feet cable will work? Thanks!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Default RE: Locking riding jacket to bike???

Why dont you lock your helmet to your bike under the rear seat?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 PM

I dont want it to get stolen, I have a 450$ helmet and Its a lot easier to steal a helmet. I can just see someone coming by and cutting the strap just so they can have a helmet, even if they dont ride....I doubt anyone will cut both sleeves to the jacket though that takes too much time..

Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

use a cable instead of a chain. but the you have to find where to carry a 6' foot chain n lock lol

I carry my helmet n jacket with me. DONT TRUST NO ONE!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 PM

I meant to say cable..not chain lol that would be a pain in the *** to carry around a chain.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:27 PM

Just seems kind of silly to me. I imagine you wear your jacket. So, why not just keep the backpack on, and the jacket, and carry the helmet with you. Just seems like too much money to leave on your bike. Besides, the trouble of having to take the backpack off, then your jacket, then pull out a cable, feed it through the sleeves, then lock it to your bike. And if you say it's too hot to keep the jacket on, you shouldnt have that far of a walk to class I'd imagine. It's up to you though.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 PM

well, I have 4 different classes from 10-7 and they're all in different buildings. I dont want to look like a goon wearing a motorcycle jacket around on campus, especially in 95+degree weather (im from houston,tx). But yeah im starting to think i should just carry it around. Id be **** to come back to go home finding it missing or ripped up.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Registered Users

dude anyone who looks down on you for wearing your gear is jealous!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cun0144

well, I have 4 different classes from 10-7 and they're all in different buildings. I dont want to look like a goon wearing a motorcycle jacket around on campus, especially in 95+degree weather (im from houston,tx). But yeah im starting to think i should just carry it around. Id be **** to come back to go home finding it missing or ripped up.
I live in GA so I sorta know ya heat, sorta lol. And if I ride I have my jacket, glove, and helmet with me at the least. And I carry em with me no matter if it class, work, etc. If I cant see my bike n shyt or there no one I know who can see it around it, my shyt goes with me.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 AM

Where there's a will there's a way. If they want it, they'll get it, or they'll destroy stuff trying. I always take my gear with me. Friend of mine locked his helmet to his bike, came back, put it on and found out that some A-hole had spit their gum in it. I laughed my *** of cause he gave me crap about me carrying my brain bucket w/me. Haters and thieves suck!!

Quick Reply: Locking riding jacket to bike???