CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   a little carbon fiber bling (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/little-carbon-fiber-bling-131184/)

sjsharks33 09-28-2011 08:56 PM

a little carbon fiber bling

5 Attachment(s)
So I saw these covers on ebay and got both of them for $90 shipped. I thought it was a good deal considering that they go for $100 each new. They are used but the seller said they were like new, but when I got them today they were far from being like new. :mad: A little disappointing but I polished them up and I guess I'm ok with it. I guess I'm a little anal but let me know your thoughts.

cnicosiaF4i 09-28-2011 10:59 PM

Looks good man. Some classes I'm taking allows me access to carbon fiber sheets and resins. This makes me think I should carbon fiber some parts for my final project.

Nice bike by the way

vegas_rebel 09-29-2011 08:56 AM

I like it man, looks sharp. Those are real carbon fiber, or some sort of lookalike?

mutantblack 09-29-2011 10:47 AM

That looks really nice. Where did you get those?

tyfrist 09-29-2011 10:59 AM

how do those even stay on? you glue them on or something?

sjsharks33 09-29-2011 11:47 AM

thanks everyone for the compliments! To answer your guys questions, It is real carbon fiber and its held by double sided tape. I bought them used on ebay but Ive seen them new online on some websites. They actually have a brand new clutch cover one on ebay for $98 if you search for it. Im curious to see how there gonna hold up against the heat especially when my engine gets hot. More mods to come! be on the look out!

kazspeed 09-29-2011 12:42 PM

Thats funny I saw those on ebay and communicated with the seller prior to bidding.I decided not to buy them because it took 5 different questions to get him to answer the condition. He said there were a few small scuffs....

Judging by the pictures though they look pretty good. Not a bad deal for 2 covers.

sjsharks33 09-29-2011 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1103405)
Thats funny I saw those on ebay and communicated with the seller prior to bidding.I decided not to buy them because it took 5 different questions to get him to answer the condition. He said there were a few small scuffs....

Judging by the pictures though they look pretty good. Not a bad deal for 2 covers.

He clearly said they were like new in his ebay description, and when I emailed him to ask for higher quality pics he wanted to send them through my phone. I should of known better! haha. I did clean them up a bit, and to some, they may be good enough for them. Im just glad I didnt buy them at the buy it now price. Overall it was still a good deal. My carbon fiber ram air covers come in today! I'll show pics of that too!

kazspeed 09-29-2011 03:17 PM

Interested in a real carbon fiber triple cover?

sjsharks33 09-30-2011 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1103432)
Interested in a real carbon fiber triple cover?

I saw one on ebay that i probably might buy in the near future.