F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

which light?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which light?

so i would like to upgrade my lights since i do alot of night riding. i've been trying to do research and cant seem to find a definitive answer. what is the difference between HID's and bixenon projectors?

what i'm looking for in my light is obviously much better vision, but also i want to have both headlights on for low beam AND high beam without blinding the other drivers.

any help would be appreciated. and yes, i've been using the search button. i've found this link, https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...ectors-119900/ and i really like the way that looks as long as they are both on for the low beam?

any specific places that sell this stuff? i'm also looking to get a purple or orange demon eye in it, and put the led strips in the housing.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried changing/upgrading to a brighter bulb first?

Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM

The f4i can use regular hids that are much brighter and will give you better visibility over stock/halogen bulbs as long as you dont get a color hotter than 8000k probably but they pretty much just throw light everywhere without a projector. Theyre also single filament so thats why the one side is the low beam then the other side is the high beam, you have one bulb for each.

Bi-xenons are dual filament bulbs and each act as a low and a high beam when you have it on. So if you switch to the bixenon projectors youll have 2 lowbeams and 2 highbeams and the light will be better focused on the road, wont be as blinding to oncoming traffic, and will just look better in general. Of course they cost more than the regular $30-40 hid kits you can buy from ddm or wherever but you can get decent projector kits for like $150-200 so its still not that bad.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 PM

that was a very simply and well put answer that i've spent the last 4 hours trying to find!!!! thank you very much.

you got a link to ddm? i'm not getting anything when i google it. i've read about them here, but never seen the website.

is there much customization to fitting them? i've seen the reflectors being removed, is that it or even necessary?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 PM

yup not a problem and ddm is just ddmtuning.com. For my f4i i bought a xentec kit off ebay and couldnt have been happier with it. I didnt have to customize anything i installed them in 5-10 minutes i just took the old bulbs out plugged the hids in and just had the wire running so that it was being pushed up against that metal prong that keeps them falling out the back and it kept them in place pretty securely. I dunno if it was just the xentec kit that let me do that or what but ive seen some people have to trim off some of the plastic housing on the hid bulbs to get fit properly but i have no experience with ddm so maybe someone else could chime in about that.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:33 PM

The DDM kit, at least when I purchased mine and installed it last year, you did have to cut a tab on the base of the bulb off slightly. By any means it is not difficult and have had good luck with the kit (35w 6000k). They do product a lot of light and throw it everywhere. For the extra money, time, and customization I am not sure if installing projectors is necessary or efficient for the extra focus of light they will put on the road. Maybe someone else that has done it can comment better on the standard HID vs HIDs w/ projectors.