CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   LED Flush & LED Mirror Signals (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/led-flush-led-mirror-signals-132806/)

bluebadger 12-08-2011 06:21 AM

LED Flush & LED Mirror Signals

Hey Folks,

Just finally got these on and the nose cone fairing back into place (which was a right t***!). There is some silver duck tape on the flush's just whilst they adhered properly and they where fine the next day, you can still see em flash through the tape.

Here's a youtube vid of a quick show off, managed to get her back on the road on Sunday for a quick battery charging run just before it rained :)

"F4i CBR600F sport new front signals "

Better vid, pics in summer maybe ;)

HellrazerinDC 12-08-2011 07:38 AM

Yeah putting that upper cowl back on is a major pain in the ass!!! I had to do it when I installed my Proton flushmounts

Looks good with the new LED mirrors.

gotcbr 12-08-2011 10:28 AM

Nice work. Looks great.

96shox 12-08-2011 03:28 PM

What mirrors and flush mounts are those? Was the mirror mount made for an F4i? Not LED right?

Incompatible 12-08-2011 11:02 PM

Looks good! Also interested in what brand/model for the mirrors?

bluebadger 12-09-2011 04:33 AM

They're just an ebay special from hong kong :)
Plenty on there (f4i led mirror | eBay), I got mine from the seller digital2brother and they came well packaged in polystyrene.

My only gripe with them is that they are carbon effect*, and the print has a few imperfections close-up, looks good from a few feet though.

They are a universal fit, and are LED lit, I think original ones are made by Volar Motorsports

The ebay ones just might be slightly cheaper and mine came with rubber boots to cover the fitting/bolts. Not sure what these will be like at high speed though.

*If I bought them again, I wouldn't get the carbon effect imho.

Had to splice the wire into the side blinker wires and swapped out the relay for an LED compatible one too which is easy enough (easier than soldering resistors lol). Did solder the splice though, best way. And changed all the connectors for some Tamiya power pack ones. If anyone wants any help or links for the above bits let me know and I'll dig through my emails.

Can't wait till summer, been raining ALL week over here, and a bit of snow/sleet on Monday too :(

Turbulenz 12-09-2011 05:05 AM

Id be curious if you think they are bright enough from a good distance away during the day..

bluebadger 12-09-2011 05:47 AM

Also.....

These are the flush sides I bought:http ://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smoke-Turn-Signals-Honda-CBR-600-F4i-Flush-Mount-LED-/310350668525?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item48425 762ed

They came from this seller with the wrong connectors on, which is why I bought the tamiya ones, and if you're gonna splice in two sets of signals like I have you should probaby get new connectors anyway. That way you can have connectors on your mirrors and not just spliced together, so if one goes pop u can simply disconnect that one and nothing else. The seller did start asking for pictures when I complained and am sure they would have refunded had I returned them, but for £6 they where still worth it and very bright to be fair.

The relay was £9 delivered from ebay seller r.b.motorcycles
Different shape and bigger than the original but doesn't seem to cause too much of a problem. Works very well so far.

bluebadger 12-09-2011 05:50 AM

They look easily bright enough to me so far, i'll try to get u some daytime videos comparing them at the front and side to the original bulb lights from the rear.
The reason i got the mirror ones is that the flush ones I didn't think would be visible enough from the front on their own.

96shox 12-09-2011 02:27 PM

Hows the quality of the mirror? Is it Convex?