F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

LED brakelights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED brakelights?

Does anyone have a LED's for their brake lights? did you have to buy the whole unit or can u buy bulbs that go right in to the stock bulb housing? I have been looking around online, and all the places i look at look cheap, and i dont want to give out my money on ebay and get something shi**y. Anyone have a good place that sells good quality LED brake light bulbs. Thanks guys

Old 02-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Default RE: LED brakelights?

You could run to your local auto parts store to pick up some LED bulbs to go in the OEM taillight, or, buy the whole taillight designed for LED's. The LED bulbs in the factory taillight won't do much. Maybe a little brighter, but, not a big difference. If you want a VERY noticable change, look into the taillights made by Clear Alternatives. Alot of sellers on Ebay have em. Here's a link to the guy I bought mine off of. I had no problems with him Clear Alternatives Tail Light Also on a side note, i've sent a number of my friends to him as well and they all also had no problems, incase you were worried about who you're buying from.

If that's not the way you wanna go, you could spend more money and do a complete undertail with LED's in that. Just my $.02

Tylor

Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm with him, bought mine from clear alternatives, perfect fit, easy to install and looks great, mine has the integrated blinkers which is nice and they even sent me the resistors so i'm blinking at the normal rate.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:43 PM

alright, well if they sell LED bulbs at the auto store then im just gonna do that, dont really think i wanna spend 60 bucks on a whole set up from clear alternative, and besides i dont think i like the clear lens. Would a Auto-zone, or a Pep-boys have these bulbs?

Old 02-17-2006, 08:25 PM

Yeah, they should. Go ahead and find out exactly which bulb you've got, then, get the same plug style with the LED's. If ya do go and get just the LED, could you do something? When installing the new bulbs, if you've got two taillight bulbs, leave one of the normal bulbs, then, put in the LED on the other side, just to see as a comparison. If ya have a digital camera, could you please post a pic of it?

Tylor

Old 02-17-2006, 08:48 PM

I have the led bulbs and they are a heluva lot brighter than oem bulbs. Nice touch to the rear-----

Old 02-18-2006, 07:27 PM

yup no problem on the pictures, bought some online and will be coming in about a week., i read in many places we had the 1157 type socket, is this correct?

Old 02-18-2006, 11:30 PM

3157 wedge

Old 02-19-2006, 12:39 AM

really? well im guessing i bought the wrong ones then huh? lol, will the 1157 work? it said that this is the honda socket type and so i figured it would be the right one.