CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Leaving tomorrow in need of a direcion (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/leaving-tomorrow-need-direcion-127667/)

jacob.lindsey1111 06-30-2011 10:27 PM

Leaving tomorrow in need of a direcion

Live in south ga, I am Packing my backpack after work tomorrow with food and clothes and am going to ride! I need help with picking a direction either north to the mountains or south to the beach? And wouldnt mind what so ever if I picked up some company along the way. Any help or takers up for a ride? Hope this is ok to post in here the iPhone is making the fourm a little disorenting :s

coolbluedab 06-30-2011 11:41 PM

north, mountains fun, especially in tenn. DRAGON weeee! but its the weekend so supposedly very busy

greenc51 07-01-2011 12:26 AM

I'm in atlanta near perimeter, and i go up to the wolf pen gap prety often. its a fun ride, but is more of just a day thing. if i were you and wanted to make it a weekend trip, i would go down to florida and ride along the beach etc...lots of eye candy for sure.
check out possible routes for you here... Georgia Motorcycle Roads & Trips - Best Georgia Motorcycle Rides & Routes

jacob.lindsey1111 07-01-2011 06:32 AM

Thanks man might have to do that, really wanted to try out some twists buy not if it's gonna be hella busy

Stu Pidasso 07-01-2011 07:24 AM

I used to live in North Georgia. There is a bunch of nice rides up there. Everyone goes to Deal's Gap to ride the Dragon, but I can tell you the that highway 115 in between Dahlonega, and Suches Georgia is every bit as challenging and fun. You can also ride to Blairsville Georgia. The roads cut through the mountains wind around them. The cool thing about riding up there is that it is not as well known so you do not have as many people. That would be the Wolfpen Gap or the Suches Loop that our friend spoke of in the post prior to yours. I know when I was younger you did not have to worry about the police messing with you when you were running through the mountains. You needed to watch yourself around town, and in the low lands because local law enforcement loved to stick tourists. If you do go to Dahlonega and have friends with you stop and check out he Gold Museum on the town square. Dahlonega Georgia is the site of the first US gold rush! Have fun be safe, and take $100 bill put it in a ziplock bag. Take your seat off and tape that thing under your seat. It is nice to know that you have money if something goes wrong. $100 bill makes people helpful.

jacob.lindsey1111 07-01-2011 08:55 AM

Haha yea i keep a 50 stuck back in my wallet but a 100 under the seat ain't a bad idea either. Thanks al

nickp123 07-01-2011 08:56 AM

im jealous, one of my dreams has been to ride in georgia or down south, i love the highways there. ill get around to it eventually i hope. good luck and enjoy

jacob.lindsey1111 07-01-2011 08:56 AM

* a lot for all the suggestions guys think I'll head north and ride the mountains for the weekend, if anyone wants to join hit me up with a text or a call 9128509865

stingray 07-01-2011 09:51 AM

i'm in athens GA which is only a couple hours from all my favorite roads. just remember it's the 4th of july weekend so you'll be sharing the road with plenty of idiots and lots of radar cops trying to steal your hard-earned money.

i do not recommend deals gap (dragon) on holiday weekends. there's lots of good roads in north GA, some were mentioned above. if you make it up further north, be sure to ride the cherohala skyway between tellico plains TN and robbinsville NC.

here's a link to check out for some lesser-known twisty roads: Maps

...and don't forget to watch out for the idiots and popo's.

jacob.lindsey1111 07-01-2011 12:50 PM

Thanks a lot man thats the only bad thing about going this weekend, but I've had a lot going on here lately and just want to get out and cruise some rds, got a farm in Madison ga which is about 30 min south of Athens I think I'm going to go up to tonight and stay then leave out in the morning, gonna mapquest all these rss u guys mentioned and print them out and try my best to catch most all of them I'll keep a log and lots of pics to share either along the way or when I get back, I know I'm going to go back threw monocoleo or however u spell it and catch the rd from there to Forsyth I was pretty awesome in the car the other day on my way to Monroe