CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Layed it down... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/layed-down-44514/)

navecm 07-13-2007 04:25 PM

Layed it down...

Earlier today, I was moving my bike in my driveway, pulled in the dirt to make a wider turn and goosed it too much by accident, and not going more than 5mph the rear tire swung out and the right side mirror and blinker broke, as well as scratching the plastics up pretty good.

The exhaust is also scratched up which i am not worried about, however when I started it back up, the tach, speedo and everything wasn't on. Just the clock, high beam, and turn signal indicators worked. Could someone shed some light on what I need to fix to get those to work once again?

Thanks

ampfp 07-13-2007 04:47 PM

RE: Layed it down...

1 obvious check: check the wire harnesses going into the front gauge cluster
Does the fuel pump prime? bike start up?

fishfryer527 07-13-2007 05:09 PM

Fuse. I think it is 10 amp, you should have spare in the fuse box under the seat. Sorry to hear about the drop.

navecm 07-13-2007 05:20 PM

Thanks for the quick replys, I actually just rode it and seems to ride fine, I am just mad at myself, the only reason I moved it was to get the snow blower out (as I am moving right now). I guess this is my Friday the 13th luck for the day.

Looks like its scraped up on the front fairing, side fairing, mirror is snapped off, and blinker is dangling...so if anyone has these parts that match a 2005 red/silver F4I, I am now in the market.

Daemian 07-13-2007 08:04 PM

i did the exact same thing on gravel. **** happens, its still fun as hell to ride, just doesnt look pretty :)

alekinci 07-13-2007 08:17 PM

dropping bike at slow speeds sucks because you think you could have done more to stay up. still, its way better than dropping at high speeds. sucks that this happened but did you have slidders? from the damage you received it sounds like you did not, no?

lifties 07-13-2007 08:28 PM

You should never ride your bike in dirt. Not that you need anybody telling you that now.

chornbe 07-13-2007 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: lifties

You should never ride your bike in dirt. Not that you need anybody telling you that now.
Every rider should start out riding in the dirt. Makes you a way better rider in the long run.

lifties 07-14-2007 02:27 AM

Sure, if you are riding a dirt bike.

ORIGINAL: chornbe

ORIGINAL: lifties

Every rider should start out riding in the dirt. Makes you a way better rider in the long run.

navecm 07-14-2007 08:02 AM

Well luckily I'll be moving to a place where the entire driveway is paved now. Oh well, live and learn