F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

L shape or U shape for stands?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L shape or U shape for stands?

Ordered some front and rear stands... Do I need the L shape? or the U shape with spools to screw onto the bike? Any help would be great.

-peace Ky

Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Default RE: L shape or U shape for stands?

u need the u shape cause there is no places to screw spools to on our swing arms. Nice avatar by the way The L shape is for the front, but mine has round pads the go in the holes on bottom of forks.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 PM

and dont forget you can just get U shaped with pads so you dont need spools. PITBULL

Old 03-15-2007, 04:10 PM

I ordered them off ebay, they arent pitbull... so I need the front L shaped for the front and U for the rear or both U? Thanks again just want to make sure I get the correct stands.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:34 PM

btw is the silver w/red and 02 or 03? I never have really known. I already paid for the stands, just need to email what style I need so that they can ship them out! Thanks again for all your help.

-peace Ky

Old 03-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Your bike is not spooled. You need the L shape for the rear for sure. Can't answer on the front.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey...i think we need some clarification on your question.
are you talking about the shape of the stand itself or what?
i think L implies pads and U implies spools.
front doesn't use either one, for any bike.
you got a link?

Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM

here is a copy and paste of the email I got from them, once I answer they will send out my order:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting WeRide Enterprises regarding our motorcycle front and rear stand package.

Please let us know what type of supports you need; an explanation follows and pictures are attached to this email for clarification.

As you may already know our stands ship with your choice of one of two different support options: L shaped brackets and U shaped brackets designed for bikes with spools/bobbins on the swing arm.

Most bikes work with the rubber pads which are L shaped brackets that sit under and securely brace your swing arm; because most older model bikes are not outfitted from the factory with screw holes for the spools/bobbins, these L shaped supports are most popular, generally speaking.

The spool/bobbin setup is designed solely for bikes on which extensions that look something like thread spools have been added. These extensions extend outward from the sides of the swing arm. The supports have U shaped brackets that sit under these bobbin type extensions and hold the bike in place.

In summary, newer bikes either ship with spools installed in their swing arms or are at least designed with the screw holes for the owner to install spools because this has become the accepted way to support sport bikes on stands - the older bikes that are not equipped for spools can still be supported by the L shaped pad supports.

For those who already have the spools/bobbins installed or for those who at least already have the screw holes and plan to install the spools/bobbins in their swing arms, the spool/bobbin support is the most popular option because it is easier relative to the rubber pads to use. (Although both options are equally secure and sturdy.)

If your bike has screw holes in the swing arm for the spools/bobbins but you do not already have them to install, we can ship them out to you also. Just let us know that you would also like the spools/bobbins, your color preference (depending on the color of your bike) and we will invoice you for the price via email.

Additionally, if, in the future or now, you would like the option to change the way that your bike is secured on the stands you may order either the rubber pad or spool/bobbin supports separately. Both are interchangeable on our stands. The cost for the additional support is $22 plus shipping (shipping is included if the additional braces are shipped with the original order).

We look forward to sending out your stands.

Keep riding!
--WeRide Enterprises
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys

-peace Ky

Old 03-15-2007, 06:26 PM

so i am guessing I just need L brackets for both? sorry I am not a complete idiot just not schooled on bikes completely.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:08 PM

need help asap?

Quick Reply: L shape or U shape for stands?