F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just wondering….not the same PC3 question over again

Old 01-22-2008, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wondering….not the same PC3 question over again

Hi to all again. From this forum I learnt that to get the max out of the PC one needs 2 basic things: 1) a full exhaust system, 2) dyno work. Possibly one also needs a freer flowing air filter, though this is debatable as some people swear that OEM flows better. I also learnt that dyno numbers vary from one machine to the other and that weather, humidity, altitude etc all have an effect on the stoich mixture.

So, in terms of weather, is it better to dyno map when the atmospheric conditions are bad (worst case scenario)? If yes, how will the bike behave when the atmospheric conditions are at the optimum for a correct burn?

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Just wondering….not the same PC3 question over again

you should dyno it when the weather conditions are closist to how you normally ride..

but it dosent really matter.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:18 AM

i'd say it's not that you need a full exhaust to get best from pc, quite opposite. pc is a fuel tuner. you make full exhaust, you need fuel tuning. you install cams, you need ignition timing tuning.
your question could be answered even in such way: you need a bored out , lower CR engine with installed custom turbokit running 20psi to get most of pc3r.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 AM

you make full exhaust, you need fuel tuning. you install cams, you need ignition timing tuning.
Actually, you will need fuel tuning for cams as well. More lift/duration will make the valves open farther and longer there by allowing more air in as well as out, meaning you will also need to increase fuel delivery to compensate.

your question could be answered even in such way: you need a bored out , lower CR engine with installed custom turbokit running 20psi to get most of pc3r.
LOL

You can get benefits from a PC even on a completely stock bike. If you can afford it.........do it. If not then dont lose any sleep over it.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Cool, thanks guys.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

you make full exhaust, you need fuel tuning. you install cams, you need ignition timing tuning.
Actually, you will need fuel tuning for cams as well. More lift/duration will make the valves open farther and longer there by allowing more air in as well as out, meaning you will also need to increase fuel delivery to compensate.

LOL

You can get benefits from a PC even on a completely stock bike. If you can afford it.........do it. If not then dont lose any sleep over it.
offtopic: yep, man, i know, i own a moto/auto internet-shop and do installs from time to time, i just wanted to make it simplier.

i actually am waiting for cbr600f4i to arrive in 3 weeks to ukraine and there is already a whole list of visual (all except pc3r)mods and pc3r coming too.i'm going to try and do a custom map for pc3r even including the retards/advancements of the ignition angle for our crappy "91" fuel, i'm not a fan of higher hp than a 600 supersport provides, but read alot about throttle response and i'm rather confident i can make it much smoother, as everyone having pc3 states .
sorry for offtopic