F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

It just shuts down.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrryno
^^ That's a sick lookin' bike bro!

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!! After a 44 oz cup last night filled with Sailor Jerry and Pepsi I went to work on the bike. It was the big gray harness in the front of he bike. It's the one covered with a big rubber boot. Well.... It clips in together to hold tight, right? (just like all other harness's) but on one side the clip broke. So the harness was becoming disconnected. This harness feeds your headlights, fuel pump, F.I. ****, and your ECU. Bingo.....problem solved!!!

Thank you guys for trying to help! I truly appreciate it!
~Ry

well, my bike is actually doing the exact same thing right now. but here is the problem with your "fix" that i see. if the plug had been coming out and causing a bad connection then turning the ignition off and back on wouldnt have fixed it at all brotha. you would have had to plug it back in, or tighten the plug. i dont think you have fixed this yet my man.

but like i said, my bike is doing the exact same thing. so if you find anything, please let me know.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by kksdad
well, my bike is actually doing the exact same thing right now. but here is the problem with your "fix" that i see. if the plug had been coming out and causing a bad connection then turning the ignition off and back on wouldnt have fixed it at all brotha. you would have had to plug it back in, or tighten the plug. i dont think you have fixed this yet my man.

but like i said, my bike is doing the exact same thing. so if you find anything, please let me know.

Actually, here's what happens. ....

The connection in front (harness) powers your fuel pump, headlights, and ecu. Even though it slightly became disconnected, one minor interuption in the power turns the ECU off......making the only way to power it back on is to turn the key off and turn it on. The problem was happening to me every 1/4 mile or so. Now it hasn't happened in 2 days / 90 miles. Not saying the harness is the answer to your problem, but it was most definitely mine.
goodluck

Old 09-17-2011, 12:31 PM

It lost power for a split second making the ecu shut down, even the harness (plugged itself back in), so to speak. It was BARELY vibrating loose, just loose enough to kill the bike but start again once I reset the ignition. Then (the other day), it vibrated loose enough it absolutely had no power getting to it. I turned on the key and my gauges and tail light was the the only thing to come on. So THAT told me it was a huge chunk of wires not getting power since I didn't hear my fuel pump kick on, headlights werent coming on, etc....

Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 AM

ok, that makes a lot of sense. i got mine figured out too. the spring on the kickstand was "sprung" and letting the kickstank move while on the interstate..lol