F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just bought this f4i. minor body problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought this f4i. minor body problems.

just picked up this f4i for about 2600. not bad i guess. engine is good and it rides straight and everything is there so it makes it a bit worth it.

the first thing i noticed was the headlight was tinted from the inside. with closer inspection(turning on the headlight) i noticed the headlight housing was missing too. i can see eveything in there, basically the clear part of the headlight was epoxied to the upper fairing. and the headlight bulb bowl/holder was connected to something else. i also noticed i had a h4 bulb in there and a h7. there are no dust covers so light shines at me when im riding lol.

light output SUCKS! no matter what. im thinking of getting hids, maybe thatll correct it, but i still wont have a headlight housing. so might opt for another headlight itself.

Also, it seems to have an f4 taillight. i dont know how its mounted in the tail, but its stuck there. there no under tail just hacked up and the popper is exposed so i gotta pull the wire to open it up.

Does anyone know what clipons these are? the only way to adjust them are from the inside with a long allen wrench which he had. the logo on the clipons are like twosquares with a line through them or something.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Default RE: Just bought this f4i. minor body problems.

Dude!

You parked next to me yesterday! I've totally seen your bike in person. I was checkin out those clipons, too! They look pretty sweet, although you have that rash on the right side bar end.

I noticed the silicone sealant around the edges of the headlight cover, but didn't look too closely. I didn't even notice it was tinted until now.

I'm curious how that stock-custom-shortie exhaust sounds!

If you need a hand with anything, I live on campus at UCSD and can offer plenty of advice. I'm on here, on socalsvriders, on socal-sportbikes, and on hypercycles.

cheers,

the blonde weasel

Old 10-30-2008, 05:00 PM

oh, also... I've got an extra hotbodies undertail that I'd give to you for free since apparently we're parking buddies. It doesn't have LED lights, just standard 1157's (I think) and no license mount provision. But that will at least clean up that tail section. LMK if you're interested.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:33 PM

your light output will suck as long as the lens is tinted. I'd just replace the whole headlight housing.

I sold my F2 for $2500 so $2600 is a good deal. Just need to get the fairing's all the same color or get the decals for it.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM

yeah, i'm already in the market for a headlight. its a definite must.

i'm thinking ill sell the clipons to someone, then buy some stock ones and buy a headlight haha

the stock shorty is freaking loud. i didnt do it, nor the previous owner. i dont think its the stock endcap though, i have a stock exhaust sitting in my garage and it isnt the same size tip.

anyway, ill take that undertail! mines is so nasty looking.

IM me. Rainierslikewhoa.
i messaged you my number

Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 PM

$2600 is a good price and atleast you can fix it up and be proud of it. My advice is to make a list of all the phucked up **** that you have to fix. Then hit up ebay and craigslist and buy all the parts you need. Then you canchange things the way you want to.This project sounds like fun. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 PM

If you are getting rid of the head light let me know! and any other parts. I am looking at rebuilding another bike i may get

Old 10-31-2008, 12:11 PM

yeah, 2600 is a great price. i was set on getting a bike for that much. i was lowballing everyone on craigslist. some dude just messaged me back with an 04 f4i and said yes to my offer if 2600 so im pretty bummed. dont like the bananna seats thoug hso its okay.

Here is a pic of the rear. i cleaned it up a bit, relocated the place a bit highter and tucked the wire that opens the rear seat and made it stick out of the license plate for easy access. you can see in the pic the f4 taillight

also added some must have rim striping.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:47 AM

Not going to lie i am diggin the tail light. Not those turn signals though

Old 11-01-2008, 12:54 PM

personally i would drop the money for a cheap set of hong kong race replica fairings from ebay, cheap money, and you can have a brand new looking bike.

Quick Reply: Just bought this f4i. minor body problems.