CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Just bought a cheap gp exhaust for my 02 f4i seein if any one else has tried one out (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/just-bought-cheap-gp-exhaust-my-02-f4i-seein-if-any-one-else-has-tried-one-out-101082/)

dtownrebell07 09-19-2009 12:30 PM

Just bought a cheap gp exhaust for my 02 f4i seein if any one else has tried one out

Just bought it on ebay it was like 60 buck looks pretty clean i have a cali modle bike but im goin to put a o2 sensor bypass on my sensor if anyone else has tried them out let me know and when i get mine ill post before an after pics

Incognito 09-20-2009 12:12 AM

If you get a chance, maybe try & take some pictures of it prior to installation. I'm sure there's a few of us curious as to the quality and construction of these exhausts. I'm interested to know how it runs afterwards too. But definitely post some pics of your bike.
Welcome to CBRF :icon_goofygrin:

SteveZabz 09-20-2009 08:32 AM

ive heard alot of bad things about that moto gp exhaust... if its the one off ebay its pretty much just taking your exhaust off... i lovethe loudness but the actuall performance def suffers... might be diff in your case tho let me know how it goes.... sound clips as welli f possible : )

dtownrebell07 09-20-2009 10:49 AM

i def will and i read most of the guys feed backs and alot of ppl really liked the exhaust suprisingly but hey its was only 60 bucks i figured i would give it a shot

dtownrebell07 09-20-2009 06:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
the pipe i have on now just waiting for the new one to come in

dtownrebell07 09-20-2009 08:00 PM

just went to the guy i bought my pipe froms ebay site and found someone who has the same one as me he said its loud but not as loud as a straight pipe and has no effect on his engine so thats a good sign hopefully it will work out for me does anyone know where to get a nice rear seat cowl from?

Incognito 09-20-2009 08:08 PM

What, the bandana look not doing it for ya?
Targa
makes them, and you could try eBay for either a replacement seat cover, or a cowl.

dtownrebell07 09-20-2009 08:26 PM

No not really plus I don't kno how to do it right like some ppl kno how do u have any ideas of how to do it yourself stuff to make a bike look better I jus don't have the money for the cowl rite now

Uniqsol 09-20-2009 10:03 PM

Here is a link to a write up I did when I recovered my rear seat to match the bike.

Link:Rear seat cover

Incognito 09-21-2009 03:18 AM

Hey, I was just busting your chops bro. I wouldn't pay $200 for a cowl either; it's just cosmetic, imo. Rather spend that on a pair of Sidi boots. You could get marine grade vinyl & make your own cover. I did a weight bench that way, with finishing nails. But it won't come out anywhere as nice as it did in that write-up, unless you have a sewing machine. Nice job on that BTW. That should be a sticky.