F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just added some Reflective Pinstripe :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Dude. Chill out. I understand why you'd take the wheel off. As do many other motorcycle enthusiasts. He didn't understand your post, because that's not what would make sense to him. Personally, I wouldn't take the wheel off. That's called a personal preference. Key word being personal. All the was needed was a simple. "Oh, I just find it more comfortable to take the wheel off, even though it is more work."

Congrats on being able to brag about going to the track and switching your tires so many times. Me personally I've never been to the track, but I'm sure I'll go through plenty of tires because I love riding.

Your total is 13 dollars and my two cents.

Posting on this forum shouldn't be about who can do what and why something's better. We all read and post to inform and help. So if you're gonna sit around, and flame, just head off to a different forum.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Posting on this forum shouldn't be about who can do what and why something's better. We all read and post to inform and help. So if you're gonna sit around, and flame, just head off to a different forum.
reading comprehension > u

but here are some long cliffnotes:
i stated my opinion on how i install rim tape....clear and simple

he then had a rebutle with his opinion and i left it at that....clear and simple

but...and here it comes
another post came up pretty much saying the same thing......now if he felt it was important to say twice in back to back posts.....i feel its its my duty to stand up for what i said

i dont care if anyone has been to the track.....stay away imho...it just makes track days that much more crowded when you all show up anyway

but when you voice your opinion on how easy something is.....and try to put the other down for what you feel is easy.....be prepared for someone to come back with some kind of response....whether you like the response or not....someone will respond

oh..and thanks for the lesson on what a "forum" is for......i'll go sit in the corner now

Your total is 13 dollars and my two cents.
thats funny.....funny haha..not the other kind

Old 11-02-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by dwschultzy
reading comprehension > u

but here are some long cliffnotes:
i stated my opinion on how i install rim tape....clear and simple

he then had a rebutle with his opinion and i left it at that....clear and simple

but...and here it comes
another post came up pretty much saying the same thing......now if he felt it was important to say twice in back to back posts.....i feel its its my duty to stand up for what i said

i dont care if anyone has been to the track.....stay away imho...it just makes track days that much more crowded when you all show up anyway

but when you voice your opinion on how easy something is.....and try to put the other down for what you feel is easy.....be prepared for someone to come back with some kind of response....whether you like the response or not....someone will respond

oh..and thanks for the lesson on what a "forum" is for......i'll go sit in the corner now

thats funny.....funny haha..not the other kind

Ok - wow - what a bunch of bitter people on this forum. Yeah I'm a newbie that's why I ask questions and read a lot lot lot of post before attempting to do something.

But when I read that someone says it's easier to take of a tire to put on wheel stripe then that tells me it's not that easy of a DYI.

That like me saying it's easier for me to take my rims of my 09 BMW M5 to clean them rather then spend 5 minutes crouch over each wheel to clean. I would of said - adding air to the tire but I use that example twice already.

It just that when a easy mod such as adding wheel tape consist of taking of the tire to do then to a newbie - it doesn't sound much like a easy DYI as most people say it is on this forum.

Let me guess - when you wax your bike do you take out all the fairings and do it in the basement of your moms house because it's more comfortable - Ok My Bad - Didn't mean to go there - there's no sense in go to that level.

I appreciate everyone's advice and remember - everyone was a newbie at one time or another.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 AM

I believe this has been healthily resolved. OP, do you have a link for that tape color?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 AM

PM'd my two cents to Shadow about this dwschultzy fella.
Good call on his part, and good riddance.

Lovin the rim-stripes BTW, really makes the bike pop.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 11-03-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by lkngood
Ok - wow - what a bunch of bitter people on this forum. Yeah I'm a newbie that's why I ask questions and read a lot lot lot of post before attempting to do something.
Noooo no no. Clearly schultzy is a tard and you'll notice he's now banned. Problem solved.

As for your bike, it looks great man! I've been pretty skeptical of the pin-striping thing on fairings but it really gives your bike a nice accent. Well done!

p.s. Don't feed the trolls, at least not too much.... That's why we have mods.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 PM

I believe this has been healthily resolved. OP, do you have a link for that tape color?
I bought the Reflective Pinstripe from streetglo.net

http://www.streetglo.net/reflective.tape/

I bought the 1/4 inch (6mm) size in RED. It come with 37.5 ft of tape. Enough to make several mistakes if needed - LOL.

I found the idea from a fellow cbrforum member - I just copied his idea. I notice it really makes the bike stand out and the reflective part is awesome at night - it really shines.

I love this site - I've learn a lot here and appreciate of all types of feedback.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 AM

Thanks a bunch. it's a cheap mod, and I think it'll look good. If not, it's not too costly. That's why people come here. To ask questions and learn, and that's what it should be. If you want to see a real forum, on how people should behave. Check out ChicagoZ.com. I'm not advertising, but we're all pretty close, and anyone who disrepects is gone. But welcome and ask away.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 AM

Is it really shiny in the day time? of course it will be reflective, but like on r6's they almost look matte.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Is it really shiny in the day time? of course it will be reflective, but like on r6's they almost look matte.
No - it's not super shiny in the day time. It basically looks like just regular red pinstripe. It's bright though - being that it's red but it's not like flouresent red.

Quick Reply: Just added some Reflective Pinstripe :)