CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Just added some Reflective Pinstripe :) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/just-added-some-reflective-pinstripe-102812/)

lkngood 11-01-2009 08:22 AM

Just added some Reflective Pinstripe :)

3 Attachment(s)
Thought I would change the look of my bike a little with some red accent - plus their all reflective. What do you guys think :)

Mods to Date:
* Puig Double Bubble Dark Smoke Windscreen
* Pazzo Short Lever Set
* HVMP Bar Ends (Short 11.8oz)
* Yoshimura TRS Carbon Fiber Exhaust
* K&N Air Filter
* Blue LED Accent Strip (Side of bike)
* Progrip Gel Grips (724)
* Real Carbon Fiber Heel Guard
* Real Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
* Carbon Fiber Gas Tank Cover
* Flush Mount Hotbodies Front Turn Signals
* Clear Alternative Integrated - Sequential Tail Light (Love this light - why?)
1) Brake Light Flashes 3 times before solid brake.
2) Yellow Turn Signals are built in the tail light - Very Noticable
3) Did I mention that the Brake Light Flashes 3 times before it turns solid.
* Custom Made Fender Elimiator - Thin piece of sheet metal at Home Depot $8 + Black Paint $5 + Cut to fit underneath taillight =
Custom Fender Iliminator Kit :)
* Custom Made Rear Turn Signal LED - Mounted on Rear Passenger Pegs Bracket.
* GYB - Versa-Light (Led Integrate Light Unit) - Mounted under License Plate.
1) Works as Running Light
2) Turn Signal Lights
3) Brake Lights
* ElectroPods Flashing Red LED Motorcycle Brake Lights (Mounted underneath the GYB - Versa- Light - Only on when brakes are applied and Flashes Red when brakes are applied.
* Red Reflective Wheel Tape
* Red Reflective Pinstripe
* 6000K HID Headlight Bulbs (I know just for looks - tint of blue but still bright enough for
night riding if needed - I always ride with the high beam on 24/7 - just tilted the highbeam
to match the low beam - yes it still brighter on the high beam side but that's fine.
*Diamond Star Headlight Modulator (Pulsate both High and Low beam during daytime riding -
Have not installed this yet - read a lot Yeah and Nah about this mod - the Yeah outways the
Nah - Rather be seem and alive then try to look cool - besides there's a switch to turn it off
whenever you want to.

Thanks,
Mike

cbrsixpack 11-01-2009 08:28 AM

Tasty!good job,did you have fun puting the wheel stripes on brother?lol

lkngood 11-01-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by cbrsixpack (Post 853646)
Tasty!good job,did you have fun puting the wheel stripes on brother?lol

Thanks - The Wheel Stripes are very easy - just take your time and go slow - also make sure you buy the pre-curve wheel stripes. (Got mine on ebay for $11 shipped - Width is 8mm)

supersnake83 11-01-2009 10:01 AM

Hey man, nice mods. Your bike looks nice.

Do you have, or can you make/post directions for how you did your custom fender eliminator?

I have read the directions for the split seats F4i, but I have an 2004 with the banana seat just like yours and I didn't want to use the split seat directions to do mine because I thought it would be a little different with the cutting.

Thanks.

Aken 11-01-2009 04:05 PM

You can NOT install a headlight pulse module with HID bulbs. They will not work.

Bike looks fantastic!

dwschultzy 11-01-2009 04:15 PM

stay away from the headlight module

a. like mentioned before....it will not work with hid's
b. well...you just look silly

as i have done wheel stripes with both the pre-curved and not.....i would not go with pre-curved
just get some pinstriping from your local automotive place and take the wheels off the bike and do it on a bench

a continuous pinstripe around the wheel is much easier to do than sections of a pre-curved strip
you might have a hard time finding reflective pinstriping in a roll....but regular pinstriping is easily obtained at local auto zones and such

lkngood 11-01-2009 05:48 PM

Actually I don't have HID lights - just regular bulbs at 6000K. Just installed the Headlight Modulator on my brother's bike - Looks fine but only one side will pulse. If you run both high and low beam, only the high beam will pulsate. As stated before - you can turn it off by flipping the light switch back and forth quickly.

As for the pre-curve wheel tape - I don't understand what the fuss is about. From a level of 1 - 5, it's a 0.5 - yeah that easy - same level as adding air to your tire. Just take your time. (But then again some people think changing the oil or air filter is difficult on a F4i).

I had my silver ones on for over 1 year and no problems at all. But I love the red one now.

In the end - to all it's own. Do what you like but I appreciate your feedback.

lkngood 11-01-2009 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dwschultzy (Post 853768)
stay away from the headlight module

a. like mentioned before....it will not work with hid's
b. well...you just look silly

as i have done wheel stripes with both the pre-curved and not.....i would not go with pre-curved
just get some pinstriping from your local automotive place and take the wheels off the bike and do it on a bench

a continuous pinstripe around the wheel is much easier to do than sections of a pre-curved strip
you might have a hard time finding reflective pinstriping in a roll....but regular pinstriping is easily obtained at local auto zones and such

So you actually took the wheel of the bike just to do a 5 minute mod. Sounds like a whole lot of work for a mod that's as difficult as adding air to a tire.

That's why I use the Pre-Curve Wheel Tape. Either way - if you rather take both tires off and then make sure everything is back on and is aligned correctly and torque within specs - then go for it.

It's kind of like some people took off the entire front fairing and side fairings just to change a light bulb when it just took me a about 4 minutes to change both lights without removing anything at all other then the plug that plugs into the bulb.

dwschultzy 11-01-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by lkngood (Post 853796)
So you actually took the wheel of the bike just to do a 5 minute mod. Sounds like a whole lot of work for a mod that's as difficult as adding air to a tire.

That's why I use the Pre-Curve Wheel Tape. Either way - if you rather take both tires off and then make sure everything is back on and is aligned correctly and torque within specs - then go for it.

It's kind of like some people took off the entire front fairing and side fairings just to change a light bulb when it just took me a about 4 minutes to change both lights without removing anything at all other then the plug that plugs into the bulb.

ok....i was just going to leave it at where it was.....but you seem to be having a difficult time with my post

here we go
a. yes...i would rather take my wheels off the bike to apply rimstrips if i was to do a mod such as rim stripes again.....i like working in an environment that is comfortable for me...and sitting/kneeling on the ground is not what i consider comfortable
b. i could only wish to be so cool as to be able to do something like this in 5 minutes....i am not even worthy of posting in this thread.....i doubt your doing a thorough job if you can apply rim tape to both wheels in 5 mins....but as i stated...i'm not worthy....go on with your bad self

if you want to apply a bunch of different sections of adhesive tape to your wheels....all of which have the potential of coming off if not applied correctly...once again....go on with your bad self

i was just posting how i perform the mod

like i said in my original post on this topic.....i've done both and if i were to do it again....i'd go with the one piece of tape rather than the multiple pieces
but thats just me

thanks for your order...i'll have a total for you at the second window....please pull forward

dwschultzy 11-01-2009 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by lkngood (Post 853788)
same level as adding air to your tire.

Sounds like a whole lot of work for a mod that's as difficult as adding air to a tire.

thats twice you've made a reference to adding air to tires.....did daddy make fun of you while you were a kid for not being able to air up your bicycle tires?

if you rather take both tires off and then make sure everything is back on and is aligned correctly and torque within specs - then go for it.

listen here kid....i know your new to this whole motorcycle thing and its really really cool and working on the bikes is super easy and all.....but take a step back

i probably went through more tires this last track season than you will in the next 5yrs of riding
that equals taking the wheels of my scooter a lot.....not including rain days (i live in the great nw) where i have a spare set of wheels just for rain tires....for example...last rain day..i changed between my race dot's and my race rains 4 times

so please...take a step back and step off your high pony cuz your experience with working on motorcycles does not impress anyone
if you want more examples of what has been done mechanically this last race season...i'd gladly fill you in

your total will be waiting for you at the second window