F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

JSmiths 02 F4i build-up thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JSmith's 02 F4i build-up thread

That's actually a Rumble Concepts undertail you've got there... I just bought one myself.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Default RE: JSmith's 02 F4i build-up thread

Stephens, probably so, but I couldn't care less anymore. I know it's been dropped on the left, so even if the lever was part of the destruction, it's a thing of the past.

Kip, Around $200. www.motomummy.com. If you are interested, do it fast. Corey is running a special where you get free Driven grips with any Pazzo or ASV order. A note when installing the ASVs; the perch mounts slightly different, so I had to loosen the perch and angle the lever downward just slightly to avoid hitting the front cowl. But overall, I love the levers. If I wasn't worried about resale, I would have run the long clutch and short brake combo.

Exitwounds, remember, I dropped the bike too. It does have road rash from my drop, but not when I bought it.

Rennen, nice bike. I'm debating about the yellow rim tape. The stealth look is killer, but it needs just a hint more yellow there.

Weasel, thanks for the note. I really can't tell the difference between the HB and the Rumble.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Default RE: JSmith

Well, I've gotten some nice hard riding in, and I've noticed it runs rich as hell... like flamespitter-on-decel rich. I started thinking for a minute, and I remembered the bike is still tuned for the catelytic converter and the stock exhaust. Alot of backpressure was lost. I checked the stock filter, but it's clean as a whistle. Think a BMC race air filter will let more air in, and lean out the mixture?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 PM

what's your MPG?

Old 11-08-2008, 10:08 PM

I haven't been the nicest guy to my throttle, soI haven't made a decent MPG calculation run, yet.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:53 PM

That is a pretty nice bike you found. I know you said you were done with the clutch lever discussion, but I would like to share that a guy at work had the same thing. His bike slowly fell over in a new asphault parking lot. I like the new levers though.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:09 AM

Sick bike man! Definetly get the LOR exhaust, im sure the 13 inch sounds great, but I know for a fact the 10 inch is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard in person on a bike.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:26 PM

I'm debating just cutting down the TwoBros to just-past-the-tire length, so I'll have a pictoral on that precedure.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:12 PM

my bike runs a bit rich also, but i have yoshi trioval headers out, with no pcIII of course im not riding right now though it just turned way cold here and isnt suposta get back up,,,, time for the winter mods to begine

Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM

I'm going to see what the weather does this week before I call the riding season over. One thing I do like about South Georgia is the 10 month long season. If it's decent next weekend, I'll take a ride with my dad and grandfather, then set the bike up for winter storage.

But I'd still like to find out why it's a firestarter. A little rich doesn't bother me; throwing fireballs, however, is a different story. I am, however, quite a discussion point on a bike night. It may come down to buying a PCIII and using LOR's map.

Quick Reply: JSmiths 02 F4i build-up thread