CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   jerky throttle very annoying!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/jerky-throttle-very-annoying-153231/)

knoffie 02-12-2015 05:19 PM

jerky throttle very annoying!!

Sold my 2001 CBR 600 f4i last month and bought a 2006 last model . Completely standard. Only difference ( apart from having 60,000 less kilometres on it ) is the non adjustable front and rear suspension. Why did Honda do that????
It was good for track days to be able to stiffen things up. Now I can't do that. What do others think?
Also in a series of tight corners the throttle is very jerky. Is it just me or could it have anything to do with the having the standard muffler on .? My old bike had a Micron system and I cant recall the throttle being this jerky.
is this peculiar to this model?

Knoffie

Conrice 02-12-2015 07:02 PM

How much play are in the throttle cables?

boredandstroked 02-20-2015 06:13 PM

You didn't buy an F4i if it doesn't have adjustable suspension.

knoffie 02-21-2015 05:41 AM

F4i jerky throttle

I sure did. I know an F4i when i see one! Its an August 2005 production date and has CBR on the side fairings not F4i as the earlier ones have. These mop del I discovered dod not have adjustable suspension. Check out the 2005 models for yourself and you will see that if they have CBR on the side..no adjustable suspend sion. I am sure there are others on this Forum who will confirm that what I am saying is correct.
I have adjusted the throttle to give it a little more free play and will see how it goes.

Knoffie

knoffie 02-21-2015 08:58 PM

Jerky throttle annoying

Just checked the manufacturing plate to be sure. There it is :Honda CBR 600 f4i
Date of manufacture: 09/05
Re then jerkiness of the throttle I checked the free play at the grip: none.
So I loosened if off so it has about 2mm free play. Hope this works.
I also noted that there is no oxygen sensor on my exhaust system so when the Yoshi slip on arrives it look alike I will just have to block off the spot where the Oxygen sensor goes. It will probably be a CAL slip on. Maybe some of that
" jerkiness" will disappear . Still wondering why Honda chose to remove the adjustability of the front end and rear shock with this model. Maybe Hope it doesn't affect the handling on track days.

knoffie

/Users/Paul/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Previews/2015/02/15/20150215-182323/aWW3wiFuSU+X6awTa8rDRw/IMG_1785.jpg

boredandstroked 02-23-2015 04:16 PM

Wait a minute, your across the pond aren't you? Did you buy an F4i and not an F4i sport? The sport has all the good stuff. Read the sticky at the top of this forum for more info on the differences. America only got the sport model. It came with different cams and flywheel which is where I'm guessing your feeling the difference.

knoffie 02-24-2015 01:22 AM

jerky throttle annoying

Yep you are right. I am in Adelaide, Australia.
Mine is definitely not the CBR 600 RR . Which has lower bars slight engine mods, etc. ,etc.
As far as I can see, its exactly the same as my 2002 F4i but without the adjustable front end and rear shock. Pity really.
Also mine does not have the o2 sensor in the exhaust pipe either.
My question is : why did Honda make this change and remove the adjustability of the suspension? Has it ever been documented?
If I can learn to post photos I will give you a clear shot of my front end.( bike that is)
Thanks for the input

much appreciated.
Knoffie

boredandstroked 02-24-2015 12:56 PM

Go read the sticky. It explains all. There are two models of F4i everywhere but america. I'd bet your old f4i had split seats and the current has a single seat as well. Otherwise someone has swapped parts.

knoffie 02-25-2015 01:32 AM

jerky throttle annoying

Thanks Boredandstroked..you are exactly right.
knoffie

knoffie 02-28-2015 03:37 AM

2005 F41 Australian delivered

Here's a photo of my F4i first registered in August 2006. I bought it last month after selling my 2002 f4i which which had 73,000klms on it. A decision I now regret. But what is done is done. I just hope this makes as good an occasional track day bike !
https://s60.photobucket.com/user/kno...pstwg1oluh.jpg