F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Jardine Hype?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jardine Hype?

I haveheard a lot of folks giving yoshimura pipes props but I haven't heard of too many people suggesting the Jardine pipes. Don't they sponsor the Honda road team or something? Just wondering what people think of them. I used to have an RT-1 on a ninja and was thinking of getting one for the F4I.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jardine Hype?

Everyone has a different opinion on who's is the best and why they like them. I went with Two Bros. cuz everyone on this forum said it rocks. Well they were right. And it sounds bad ***.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 PM

I got a yoshi pipe that I pulled the baffle out of. It sounds so awesome, but when I get time/money it's a micron full system for me.

+1 on personal taste

Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get whatever you like cause slip ons are mostly for the sound than performance. i got an akra f/s cause i knew from the start that i wanted to track the ****...it also helped that i got backed into by a delivery truck...which mean money for mods!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:51 PM

I go to this race shop in tampa and they have dyno charts for diff exhausts.On a honda f4i the akrapovick and arata are the best hands down full system to get they told me.If you don't buy those then buy anything you want cause it won't be as good as those.twobros is good ,but they don't make a full exhaust for an f4i.Yosh and jardine are the worst dyno'd on the f4i.No r&d I guess

Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 AM

most of yosh's R&D money go to suzukis and racing suzukis

Jardine is okay, not great
they sponsor the American Honda AMA team but while the team was using HRC kits on their superbike they had to use the exhaust from HRC which is usually an Akra so they just popped a Jardine sticker on their Akra exhaust

everybody will tell you something different because there are so many factors to look at. Even dyno tuners will disagree often, because some judge by peak horsepower while others may judge by smooth powerband, midrange, etc and still different bikes react differently than others and some bikes get more R&D focus by the exhaust companies, etc
exhausts are pretty much always a compromise anyway, getting a maximum peak horsepower is relatively easy but when you do that you get flat spots, lose midrange, etc so they all just try to find the right middle ground, some will go for the big number but not be as smooth or lose midrange while some with go solely for smooth consistent power all over

for example, the LeoVince is considered the overall best exhaust for the SV650 right now (shameless plug for my new sponsor hehe)but that doesn't mean it will be the best for every bike

Realistically for me (even as a racer) the performance differences between pipes isn't as important as the company that makes them
LeoVince supports the sport from club racing to AMA (contingency $ for WERA races and sponsoring club racers)

the actual difference betweenthe best and worst full system exhaust will only be 2 or 3 horsepower which equates to maybe .001 seconds per lap and you would never notice it on the
and slip-ons will all be virtually the same anyway so I'd say quality should be the determining factor as well as sound I guess for street riders

Old 01-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A little off topic, but:
ORIGINAL: woodyracing
they sponsor the American Honda AMA team but while the team was using HRC kits on their superbike they had to use the exhaust from HRC which is usually an Akra so they just popped a Jardine sticker on their Akra exhaust
I'd heard this before. Why would they put a Jardine sticker on an Akrapovic exhaust?
Also I read your comment to mean the HRC components are being outsourced to contractors and not actually made by HRC. Is this correct?

Old 01-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cause jardine isn't a performer and since they were sponsored by jardine...you know the rest.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 PM

A contract with HRC requires the team to use every HRC part in the kit which includes an exhaust kit
Almost always HRC takes an aftermarket exhaust (usually Akra) and tweeks it to get maximum performance then remanufactures it with Akra's name on it. I'm not sure if Akra has a contract with HRC or even who actually manufactures the HRC exhaust kit but all HRC exhausts I've seen are Akras

Old 01-06-2007, 02:52 PM

it's true, that is what HRC uses. check out the HRC F4i "power-up kit" site:
http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/...f4i/index.html

Quick Reply: Jardine Hype?