CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   It's tire time... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/its-tire-time-126449/)

jp_greenville13 06-04-2011 10:56 AM

It's tire time...

And I'm not entirely sure what I want to get. I'm looking at PP's, PP2ct's and Pilot road 2's.

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on these tires! I'm kind of wanting something with good tread wear on the center (mostly straight michigan roads) that will grip pretty reliably in the twisties and of course value is a big consideration!

I'm open to other suggestions as well. Would like to hear your thoughts on some of these. Especially if you've ridden some or all of them!

MeanGreenZ71 06-04-2011 11:59 AM

I know there are alot of tire threads but im subscribed. Im needing to pick up a set of tires soon too and I want something dual compound. My boy at my local service dept recommended the Dunlop Q2's....id like to see what you get recommended in this thread so I can make my mind up.

vegas_rebel 06-04-2011 11:59 AM

My PP2ct's were nice on my old Ninja, but I've been running Dunlop Sportmax Q2s on the CBR aqnd I love them - sticky as **** and the bike feels like it's riding on rails.

boredandstroked 06-04-2011 12:22 PM

Pilot pures. I just replaced a set, got 3 track days [fast B group pace, almost up to A group] plus 10,008 rear miles and 12,568 front miles. The rear was worn in the center, the front was worn half way between the center and the edge on both sides [right where the compound changes I think]. Last track day a couple weeks ago with the really really worn and heat hardened at this point tires was the first time I got the rear to break loose, still haven't lost the front. Find me a better all around value then that for $270 a set.

oxyg3ne 06-04-2011 03:09 PM

im using pp 2ct on both cbr and zx bike... and its perfect .. good grab when hot

jp_greenville13 06-04-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1063068)
Pilot pures. I just replaced a set, got 3 track days [fast B group pace, almost up to A group] plus 10,008 rear miles and 12,568 front miles. The rear was worn in the center, the front was worn half way between the center and the edge on both sides [right where the compound changes I think]. Last track day a couple weeks ago with the really really worn and heat hardened at this point tires was the first time I got the rear to break loose, still haven't lost the front. Find me a better all around value then that for $270 a set.

Wow. That impressive life for such a soft set of tires! How do you ride on the street?

What kind of life is everyone else who runs the pures getting?

jp_greenville13 06-04-2011 05:42 PM

I'm also looking at the BT-016s What kind of life do you guys get out of those?

Sirsabattini 06-04-2011 06:47 PM

i have the bt016's and ill NEVER own anything else on any sportbike i own. theres no tire *in my opinion* that'll beat the triple compound these tires have. i've carved in the rain on them and they stick damn well, and i've put about 2k miles on them in the fashion of 2 up road trips, and STILL have no flat spot in the center. even did a gnarly rev limiter burnout and still no flat spot. i paid 200 for front and rear, and another 20 to have them both mounted. i believe cycle gear is running that special as well. i have pilot power's before and they didn't even compare to these things man.

boredandstroked 06-04-2011 06:51 PM

My buddy with an 04 R6 will destroy a set of bto16's in 4000 miles with no burnouts or wheelies.

Sirsabattini 06-04-2011 06:52 PM

than your buddy got a bad set of them. these things are possible. but i know i've had NO problems with them. period. best tire i've ever run.