F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

It's official, I own a F4i :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragondima
You don't see the two pics i included in my OP? Hmmm...i'll look in to that.

The bike was inspected 3 months ago, so that's a good indication that it's mechanically stable...right? Where's a good place to order these type of things? Bolts, oil, filters, liquids, paint, etc? Doesn't have to be oem, just good.

oil and filter can be purchased at oriely's for around $32 bucks if you go with castrol 10w40.....the oil price will double if you go with mobil1 but mobil1 has always been better. Engine Ice is the coolant i use. You will need to buy 2 jugs and you will have some left over

Old 01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kazspeed
How did that UHaul trailer work out anyway? When I bought my f4i I was contemplating renting one of those but wasn't sure how well it would tie down.
Thanks man! The trailer was great! It had a lot of hoop places for straps, and was very light, our truck barely felt it hooked up (07 6 cylinder tacoma). For the money ($15), there really is no downside to it. The bike could have easily fit in the bed of the truck, but this way it was MUCH more securely tied down, and gave me plenty of room to carry things in the bed. It was a good thing to have for ease of mind. I'll rent it again when i'm going to track.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Ditto. Nice bike. Dare we ask what you paid?
I'm just curious..... have Honda take a step back from hydraulic clutches on the F4i? You may be pleasantly surprised to find there isn't a cable, but I"m open to being corrected on that issue.
Now you've got the manual you can decide what you want to play with first. If you're intending on riding it straight away and putting some serious miles on her then the oil change has to be first, unless there's any leaks or other internal engine issues that need sorting out. In that case get them sorted before you change the oil.
Fairings are always a pain in the *** to fix especially where things have actually broken off. I'm sure you'll find a way. Someone round here knows how.
Good luck with her.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
I'm just curious..... have Honda take a step back from hydraulic clutches on the F4i? You may be pleasantly surprised to find there isn't a cable, but I"m open to being corrected on that issue.
Now you've got the manual you can decide what you want to play with first. If you're intending on riding it straight away and putting some serious miles on her then the oil change has to be first, unless there's any leaks or other internal engine issues that need sorting out. In that case get them sorted before you change the oil.
Fairings are always a pain in the *** to fix especially where things have actually broken off. I'm sure you'll find a way. Someone round here knows how.
Good luck with her.

It's an 01 F4i with 34k miles on it. I paid $2300, and received with it racing fairings, new in box chain and sprocket, bike stand, cover, and a few other things including a brand new rear turning signal set. Bike was last inspected 10/10. I think that's a very fair purchase.

Your thoughts?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see the attachments now and looks good.

Bike inspections have very little to do with the mechanical worthiness of the bike. Mostly safety and most motorcycle inspections are jokes (horn? Check & Pass!).

No place in Philly I'd trust to give my bike a once over. Not without choosing which arm and leg to give up (Honda dealer in West Chester maybe but definitely not Philly Cycle Center). How much riding experience do you have?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I can see the attachments now and looks good.

Bike inspections have very little to do with the mechanical worthiness of the bike. Mostly safety and most motorcycle inspections are jokes (horn? Check & Pass!).

No place in Philly I'd trust to give my bike a once over. Not without choosing which arm and leg to give up (Honda dealer in West Chester maybe but definitely not Philly Cycle Center). How much riding experience do you have?
This is my 3rd motorcycle, and will be my 4th (official) riding season. I won't run around screaming i'm the most experienced rider because i'm FAR from it.

To me the most important thing is obviously my safety, and the bike lasting, so i want it to be in great mechanical shape. I'd like to find a good "mom and pop" type of shop that takes care of bikes. They usually care about bikes more, and are more focused on their customers.

Any Philly riders know of such a place?

Old 01-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dunno, I do my own work but haven't had to tackle anything major major yet. Just chain / sprockets, swingarm, rear shock & dogbone, carbs and electrical.

South Philly Cycles (4th & Mckean I think) is the only place I know and they have mixed reviews. Husband & wife team. Bought a used fuel pump from them for my F3.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM

2300 sounds like a pretty solid deal for that and all the extras he included. Good call to go with it I would say.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
All of the f4i's have cable actuated clutches. I'm not sure about all of the RR models, but I do know that the 1000RR had a hydraulic clutch for a few years then went back to cable operated clutch for 2008 (I think it was 2008, don't quote me though).

Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 PM

nice bike brother get your fluids changed and enjoy it

Quick Reply: It's official, I own a F4i :)