F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Issue getting Front Sprocket off Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nrmskate
Are you a dumbass? I didn't say anything about the chain. I read your damn post. That was advice for getting the front sprocket off. If your having issues with the sprocket moving when trying to muscle it off, put it in gear and hold the rear brake.
What good would it do to hold the rear brake if he already has the chain off???

Old 02-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always leave the chain on when you do this. I always hear put a brook stick or 2x4 in the wheel or hold the brakes. The other one i hear is leave it in gear and let it bump against them which i dont like at all. Id go for the 2x4 and brakes held method, then use an impact

if you got it off with a wrench then you're a badazz

i didnt read this whole thread but i hope you got another chain after using a C-clamp on your old one.

Last edited by nickels; 02-28-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickels
always leave the chain on when you do this. I always hear put a brook stick or 2x4 in the wheel or hold the brakes. The other one i hear is leave it in gear and let it bump against them which i dont like at all. Id go for the 2x4 and brakes held method, then use an impact

if you got it off with a wrench then you're a badazz
Haha, yea the noob mistake was taking the chain off before loosening up that bolt. I lived, i learned. I actually had a pretty sweet guide open, and for some reason just overlooked it. The end result was the same, so i'm happy, but it was a pain in the a$$! I have an impact wrench but had temporarily misplaced it. After everything was said and done, and i was cleaning up, i found it .

Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF

Originally Posted by Dragondima
Haha, yea the noob mistake was taking the chain off before loosening up that bolt. I lived, i learned. I actually had a pretty sweet guide open, and for some reason just overlooked it. The end result was the same, so i'm happy, but it was a pain in the a$$! I have an impact wrench but had temporarily misplaced it. After everything was said and done, and i was cleaning up, i found it .

LOL thats how it usually goes

Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Are you a dumbass? I didn't say anything about the chain. I read your damn post. That was advice for getting the front sprocket off. If your having issues with the sprocket moving when trying to muscle it off, put it in gear and hold the rear brake.
So much FAIL...

Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 PM

Obviously some havn't done this. Since I didn't mention, I was referring to him having the chain cut. Even tho it was cut he can still still wrap it around the rear sprocket. Takes what, 5 seconds to put a cut chain around a sprocket?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Obviously some havn't done this. Since I didn't mention, I was referring to him having the chain cut. Even tho it was cut he can still still wrap it around the rear sprocket. Takes what, 5 seconds to put a cut chain around a sprocket?
Lets end this silly bickering, it's really over nothing. If my reply to your original post offended you, i apologize, i didn't mean anything negative by it. I respect your input, and don't mean anything negative towards you.

Cool?