CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   integrated tail light help (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/integrated-tail-light-help-95086/)

livefastdiehard 06-08-2009 05:29 PM

integrated tail light help

just wondering if anyone has a clear alternatives taillight on their bike, i just got my bike and it has one but the blinkers are not hooked up to it, just wondering if anyone can tell me how to wire it up now? Thanks

dohcdelsol 06-08-2009 05:58 PM

2 wires coming from the tail light, yellow and blue. one goes to the right signal and one to the left. dnt gotta worry bout ground bc the lights will be grounded through the harness plug for the brake and running light. very simple just hook up a quick connect for the wires and test it out.

livefastdiehard 06-08-2009 06:08 PM

thanks a lot ill go try that!!

livefastdiehard 06-08-2009 06:12 PM

actually which wires do i hook the yellow and blue "blinker wires" up to i have a green,yellow green and a black wire for the tail lights

mbison83 06-08-2009 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by livefastdiehard (Post 794942)
actually which wires do i hook the yellow and blue "blinker wires" up to i have a green,yellow green and a black wire for the tail lights

these are your running, brake, and ground wires. there are two sets of 3 of these wires. u only need to use one for ur integrated taillight. the turn signal wires are the orange and blue ones. and you dont need to use the white connector on your f4i harness (its a licence plate light), unless your integrated taillight does not supply one.

livefastdiehard 06-08-2009 09:04 PM

ok i hooked up the right turn signal wire to the right tail light and it worked just fine but when i hooked up the left to the left taillight and turned the left signal on all four of the blinkers blink. there are only the 2 sets of 3 wires going to the bulbs right?

xjoewhitex 06-09-2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mbison83 (Post 794990)
these are your running, brake, and ground wires. there are two sets of 3 of these wires. u only need to use one for ur integrated taillight. the turn signal wires are the orange and blue ones.

Actually 2. Each blinker has its own set, and the 3rd set is for the license plate light.

mbison83 06-09-2009 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by livefastdiehard (Post 795043)
ok i hooked up the right turn signal wire to the right tail light and it worked just fine but when i hooked up the left to the left taillight and turned the left signal on all four of the blinkers blink.

make sure you dont use the green wires (ground) on the turn signals (you dont need them).

Originally Posted by livefastdiehard
there are only the 2 sets of 3 wires going to the bulbs right?

yes, thats what i said.

mbison83 06-09-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex (Post 795370)
Actually 2. Each blinker has its own set, and the 3rd set is for the license plate light.

if you paid attention, i was not talking about the blinker wires, but the main ones that he needs to connect to the integrated taillight.

Jmclmorrow 06-11-2009 07:31 AM

I am in a similar situation, a little confused still and want to clear things up.

there is a yellow and blue wire coming out of my tailight. coming from the stock wiring on my bike is 2 sets of wires for the turn signals, 1 set has a green and orange wire, the other set has a green and light blue wire. The green is ground and I dont even hook that up to anything? What do I do with it if im not hooking it up to anything?

so I would hook up the orange wire to either the yellow or blue coming out of my tailight and hook up the light blue wire to either the orange or the blue? By turning my bike and directional on will I be able to test these to make sure they work or do I have to hook up the other wires for the taillight first?