F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Integrated mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Integrated mirrors

Would love to hear how they work for you. Do they blink yellow?[/align]-Susan[/align]'04 F4i[/align]

Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 PM

I'd like to know what happens when you have to replace one of the LEDs? I thought about buying a set but the trouble of replacing mirrors when bulbs stop working didn't set right with me.

My $0.02

Old 01-27-2007, 02:36 AM

I don't have them yet. I'll probably install them next weekend....if I get them. Still haven't heard from the seller.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:47 AM

I finally got the mirrors. They are pretty much the exact size and shape as the stock mirrors and the quality seems decent. I'm contemplating how to route the wires. I wanted to put some extra thought into before I drilled holes. Does anyone else who has integrated mirrors have any suggestions?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 PM

How did the mirrors turn out? Did you get them installed? I'm thinking of ordering them this week if they're worth it.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:02 AM

I haven't been able to test them extensively since the bike is in storage and the weather has been lousy. They seem pretty decentregarding brightness and visibility. All in all a good deal for $50.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 AM

As for the installation mine were drilled in to compensate for the wire. I took off the stock ones so all i have are those integrates ones. The light is decent but not very bright during the day imo... At night it is a totally differnt story you can see them really well. As for replacing the lights the plastic cover can be taken or popped off and from there u just match the size at the store. They move a whole lot better then the stock ones and i can see behind me pretty well with them. I also paid 40-50 dollars so its a good buy to me and if i get tired of them i still have the stock ones.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:02 PM

Did you guys both buy the same one's off eBay? I plan to maintain my existing blinkers but want the added visibility of the higher ones in the mirrors. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2007, 01:06 AM

I installed them a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had much time to spend with the bike because of the weather and since it is storage for the winter. They seem pretty good. They are not extremely bright but from what I can tell at this point you can see them pretty clearly. This doesn't mean a great deal to me since I installed these in addition to my existing front turn signals I (gregg's flushmounts). As far as the flat glass thing goes...I can't tell the difference between the glass in the OEM mirrors and the glass in these. I'm thinking that even if they are flat glass they are the same size and shape of the OEM mirrors....in other words BIG. If the mirrors were smaller I would worry more if they were flat glass or not but I think these will be fine. All in all I am satisfied with them. Especially for $50.00.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another product everyone might be interested in is some integrated flush mount led's from www.customled.com these things are freekn sweet. You can have running lights and turn signals all in one with multi colored lights

Quick Reply: Integrated mirrors