CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   integrated help..please (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/integrated-help-please-105085/)

silverstonef4i 01-20-2010 06:04 PM

integrated help..please

i did a search but nothing came up to help with my problem..i have a volar integrated tail light like this

link

my question seems to be in the wiring..when i turn the bike on i have amber lights only..when i turn on the turn signal i get the red flashing as if they were the turn signal..so to me it seems the wires are crossed..i also have no brake lights but i have a feeling that will get solved when i fix my wiring...volar said to send it back but that will take about 3 weeks and i am impatient..any ideas?

btw wires are:

blue= left turn
yellow=right turn

red/yellow/black in a harness

volar originally told me to switch red and black in the harness but that did nothing

silverstonef4i 01-20-2010 08:49 PM

soo i may have fixed it..my turn signals are always on..been that way since i have had the bike and that was throwing off the integrated light so if i dont plug the turn signals in it works great..which is fine because i have turn signals in my pegs and my undertail...mods this can go away

teko1020 01-21-2010 04:15 PM

I've ordered this tail light and just got it today and installed it. This is how I wired it up...

Tail light > Bike:

Red > Yellow/Green
Yellow > Black
Black > Green

Blue > Orange
Yellow > Blue

silverstonef4i 01-21-2010 06:15 PM

yea my problem was because i have my turn signals as running lights as well..which caused the integrated light to light up as yellow..easy fix just didnt hook the turn signal wires up..didnt need them have turns in my undertail and pegs so im good

teko1020 04-14-2010 08:31 PM

I'm about to take my two Volar tail lights to the farm and practice my aim by shooting every single LED attached to the circuit board. Such a pos tail light. First one came in the mail with a resistor ripped off the board and just now I was coming off the highway and this guy pulls up next to me to inform me my tail light isnt working. I pulled into gas station and one of the wires ripped off the circuit board. I swear these soldered on by 7 year Malaysian's.

xjoewhitex 04-15-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by teko1020 (Post 907242)
I'm about to take my two Volar tail lights to the farm and practice my aim by shooting every single LED attached to the circuit board. Such a pos tail light.

Agreed. I ordered one off of Evilbay thinking hey I will just save myself a couple bucks and have the samething. Wrong.. Right out of the box it broke as I was wiring it. Wires broke off the board. Sent it back, got a clear alternatives.. And my life is much better now.

:icon_bike: